Esteemed Contributor

Re: Next chapter about to begin

@ccassaday

I've mentioned to you before that I helped build my dream home. 

It was grueling work and I felt disheartened many times.

We took lots of pictures so I can look back.  However, the one thing I wish I had done was to keep a journal.  Something noting what happened every day.

What I would tell you is, yes, savor this new chapter of your life.  But, savor EACH day of all the chapters.  Savor each event and, by all means savor even the bad days.  The days where you think it will never be done.

Remember it all the first morning you wake up in your new home.

My only regret is not having that journel to reread now that I'm 26 years in my dream home.

Esteemed Contributor

Such a weird day today. So sad to close on the house but so happy to close on our new house.

Honored Contributor

@ccassaday I love hearing from happy people!  Thanks for sharing😀

Esteemed Contributor

One closing down and my parents are getting ready to go to close on the construction loan. Movers came this morning. Such a weird day. We move in to the apartment tomorrow morning. The lady that bought our house was so nice. The entire process of selling the house went very smooth with her the last few weeks. What was really bitter sweet was the way the realtor and her kept saying how beautiful our house was. It had to be hard on the lady because she is going through a divorce and having to leave a 5400 sq foot newer home. Down grading to a house that is 2000 sq feet and was built in 1968. She has grown children but they aren't going to be living with her anymore.