Honored Contributor

Re: New Large Size Tile Advice

We had either 12 x 12 or 14 x 14 tile on the laundry "room" (hall) between the garage and the house and it was beautiful!  It made that area look so much bigger.

A friend who was a decorator told me to do that and I was shocked (that was a long time ago) but it worked out great.  Just be sure the tiler makes the whole tile down the walkway area of the "room". 

Respected Contributor

Mine has been in a couple of weeks. Also small laundry. The luxury vinyl laid out in whole/half pattern with grout. I don’t get feeling of being too large for area.
Honored Contributor

@qshpr89 wrote:

I am considering a 12 x 24 vinyl tile for my laundry room.  It gets constant foot traffic and dirt because of the entryway off the garage.  The laundry room is sandwiched between the garage entryway and the kitchen.  We have hardwood in the kitchen.  The room is roughly 50 square feet.  Any advice from the decorators out there on the size of tile?  Is a 12 x 24 tile too big for a small room?

@qshpr89   My laundry room is next to the kitchen and both rooms are hardwood.  I have a mat outside the door and a long, wide nonslip mat, bought online, inside, and a more narrow machine washable mat from the end of that mat to the door into the kitchen so that by the time dogs paws and my shoes get to that door, all dirt is left on the mats.

Esteemed Contributor

I like the look of a larger tile. Plus less grout to clean.

Honored Contributor

There is vinyl that looks like hardwood planks.  I don't know what your wood floors look like, but you might find something close enough so it look like it's the same flooring.

Frequent Contributor

Hello Everyone.  Thank you for your input. 

Here is a sample of what I am thinking with the current vinyl.  Any suggestions on other colors or patterns? 

laundry tile sample.jpg

Here's the current room now - please forgive the floor - normally there is a runner down and I have taken it up due to painting and we have gotten some rotten weather here.  It normally doesn't look so bad.

laundry colors.jpg

Honored Contributor

I like it.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I like it.

I don't know what it would look like if you ran the tile the other way.  Try it and see how it looks.

Respected Contributor

What are the measurements?  How wide is the laundry room and how long?

Frequent Contributor

@Somertime the room is approximately 8 feet long by 5 feet wide but a good portion of the width is covered by the washer, dryer, utility tub.