Esteemed Contributor

New Kitchen Window Blinds

[ Edited ]

I had my kitchen window replaced last week and also purchased new blinds to replace the wood blinds that we had installed 9 years ago. I never liked the wood blinds - they were too heavy and had too many cords to raise/lower them - they always looked sloppy to me. The new blinds are vinyl, lighter weight and no cords at all. They are so easy to raise/lower with light pressure to the bottom of the blind - up or down. I doubt this is a new product, but it's new to me and I absolutely love these blinds. The brand is Levelor and I purchased them at Lowe's. Just wanted to pass along a really nice product if anyone is thinking of new window blinds. They look terrific to me.

Valued Contributor

Re: New Kitchen Window Blinds

I actually have been looking for replacement blinds.  I love the idea of cordless. Could I ask the brand and are they custom made.  Thanks for any info.

Valued Contributor

Oops sorry your post clearly states Levelor.

Trusted Contributor

@jannabelle1   I'd be curious to know what your experience will be with the cordless blinds. I have Levalor custom wooden cordless blinds on my front windows. The windows are tall, and I thought cordless was the perfect solution. However they are a huge PITA.  The mechanism constantly disengages and I can't raise them without doing all sorts of maneuvers. 

I ordered them for the rest of the house, the following year, and went with the cords. 

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"
Honored Contributor

I just purchased a new blind for my bathroom...bottom up/top down and cordless.   I can have the bottom of the window covered with the top open.  I have them in several rooms in the house and really like them.  I purchased mine from blinds.com.

Esteemed Contributor

@Terrywu, no they weren't custom made. They were "stock" blinds, although Lowe's had to cut the width to fit the window. They do that at no charge. The cost for the blind was around $55. Extremely reasonable since it's exactly what I wanted.

Esteemed Contributor

@onlyshopsonline, the wood blind that I replaced was also Levelor and I never liked them. I think they're beautiful blinds, but they're just so heavy. I can't imagine them being cordless! I'm just so much happier with the vinyl blinds - I know they're not as popular, but they're sure right for my kitchen window!

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

I just purchased a new blind for my bathroom...bottom up/top down and cordless.   I can have the bottom of the window covered with the top open.  I have them in several rooms in the house and really like them.  I purchased mine from blinds.com.

@Mom2Dogs  That’s what I have. They’re great.

Trusted Contributor

@jannabelle1 

I have these from Lowes as well and love them. They look really neat and polished. 

⚓️
Esteemed Contributor

I've heard good things about blinds.com and if I was replacing LR and  DR blinds, I'd try them. Good info - thanks.