Trusted Contributor

For some reason, I've never liked Handiwipes.  Too thin and wimpy for me.  I like a terry cloth dish cloth and use a clean one each time I wash dishes.  Yep, that's two dish cloths per day.  I don't have a dishwasher.  Oh, the horror.  A clean dish towel everyday, too, or more as needed.  Yep, that's a load of just dish cloths and dish towels once a week, washed with added Oxyclean for good measure.  This became a habit when my late husband was diagnosed with leukemia and we had to make sure he didn't contract an infection.  He was advised to use a towel only once, same with clothing, wear only once.  I did a LOT of laundry.

Honored Contributor

Thanks everyone for your replies!!

Would be nice to have a dishwasher Smiley Happy

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I've used nothing but HandiWipes my entire adult life.  They dry very fast, in an hour or so, and never get that funky sour smell.  Food particles don't stick to them as they rinse clean.  So much more sanitary than a fabric cloth which I find completely replusive.  I wash in laundry, could use dishwasher, and they last for years.  No problem with dyes.  I don't know why anyone would use anything else.

Thanks Kachina, I do like the micro fiber and I am kind of tired of dish cloths.  Never thought of handiwipes.  I remember them from years ago.  I guess I didn't realize they were still around.  I will be purchasing some.  Have a nice 4thSmiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I mostly use the sponges from QVC, you can wash them in the washer.

I have a few dishcloth's but I only buy white in both kitchen and bath.  I can bleach them if I feel the need.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

Yes, only buy white dish cloths,and dish towels.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.