Honored Contributor

One thing I recently got was new dishcloths, very pretty colors. I washed of course before using.  I notice that anytime I use these the color comes out in the dishwater. That cant be good to have this dye coming out. I dont know what will help except to not use these! Dont like that optionWoman Frustrated

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Respected Contributor

There are no dye sheets, like dryer sheets to put in wash. They really work to stop color running.

Honored Contributor

I found some micro fiber dishcloths that I like.

And everytime I run the dishwasher, I put the dishcloth in the dishwasher using heavy duty high temp scrub. I have never had any dye issues. I figure the dishwasher beats the dishcloth, if there were any dye or bacteria to be lost. The dishwasher would get it out.

Trusted Contributor

You can soak the washcloths in a solution of water, white vinegar and salt to set the dye.  Google it.  Good luck.

Respected Contributor

I had this happen with red dishtowels (several years ago) from Williams Sonoma...they were a Christmas gift. I took them back to the store and they told me they were purchased from the outlet. I told the clerk to toss them.....she was stunned. 

Esteemed Contributor

@drizzellla  I use microfiber cloths for dishes too.  I love them.  The color has never run.

A couple years ago QVC had 30 for something like $23. Loved my first order so much I ordered 2 more packs. Gave some to my son, my sister and a former SIL.  We keep 3 or 4 in each car too.

Honored Contributor

I buy the swedish discloths and put them in the dishwasher every night.  I don't like washing dishcloths with clothes or towels, and don't like using anything but these dishcloths now. 

Honored Contributor

Re: New Dishcloths Help

[ Edited ]

I've used nothing but HandiWipes my entire adult life.  They dry very fast, in an hour or so, and never get that funky sour smell.  Food particles don't stick to them as they rinse clean.  So much more sanitary than a fabric cloth which I find completely replusive.  I wash in laundry, could use dishwasher, and they last for years.  No problem with dyes.  I don't know why anyone would use anything else.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Frequent Contributor

I also have used Handiwipes for many years.  I recently had a problem finding them in the grocery store. I was almost panicked, but fortunately found them in Lowes!

Honored Contributor

Eventually the dye will stop bleeding out in the wash. But in the meantime use a couple, if not more, of the color-catcher sheets in your washer to absorb the excess dye.

download.jfif