Esteemed Contributor

Re: Narrow apartment kitchen

It looks tight.  I think I could make it work but if the dishwasher is open and you can't walk around it, then it is just too small for my taste.

Respected Contributor

Exact layout of my kitchen.  Sometimes I bump into myself when cooking.  And if the dishwasher is open, half the passageway is taken up by it.  Plenty of counter space?  Nope!  Not complaining, I'm used to it. Raised a coupe kids in this kitchen.  As for new countertop appliances like a breadmaker, forget it.  No place to put it.  

Trusted Contributor

I have a galley kitchen and I hate it. It really is a one-person kitchen and you can get nothing done if someone comes in; they are in the way. We are looking for another home and so far, a galley kitchen is the only dealbreaker for me.

Honored Contributor

Never had a galley kitchen and don't think I'd want one in my home. However, I think it works well for apartment dwellers where space is precious. 

Esteemed Contributor

I don't really like KP to begin with and I know I would probably get take out every night if this were my kitchen.😄  Just looking at the picture makes me think "coffin". 

I know open concept homes can get a bad rap, but I love them. My husband and I work well together in the kitchen, we can see a big screen tv while cooking and  we get lots of sunlight from our huge windows.

We entertained last Saturday night. There were only 6 of us but they asked if we could eat at the island rather than the dining table.