Respected Contributor

Re: Narrow apartment kitchen

Although it's beautiful, I just wouldn't want to spend much time in that space. 

Honored Contributor

I like it especially since it's in a small apartment.

leaves more space for other rooms.

I could see DH and I having a kitchen like this.

Esteemed Contributor

I had a kitchen like this for 21 years so efficient. 

Honored Contributor

This is a great kitchen for the amount of sq. ft. in this place. I notice a nice dining room where you can eat looking outside. I really like that, too. I like eating away from the "mess" of my kitchen especially if you can eat where there's a view.

Honored Contributor

We are looking to purchase an apartment in NYC and these kitchens are pretty spacious for a city apartment!  I would love any of them!

Honored Contributor

I don't mind the size of this kitchen as much as I don't care for the cabinetry, counter, and backsplash choices. Separately they are fine; I just don't like them together.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

This is very pretty, and a very well done space. Love the appliances and the color is light and bright, so it doesn't seem stuffy and closed in at all.

Love the cabinets as well.....Do not like the counter tops!

Valued Contributor

For small kitchens, bright and airy is the way to go! Personally have first hand experience with a very dark wood small kitchen total gut job that is now all white cabinets & literally everyone comments how it looks sooo much bigger (that saw the "before"). So that is HUGE for small areas, especially with no windows. Thankfully I have a kitchen window!

My only comment would be that I would love to see a window, to help open the space-but it might not be feasible if this is in an apartment or the wall placement is all inside (kitchen is not against an outer wall). The glass cabinets also help open the space. I'd change the countertop per my personal preferences.
Esteemed Contributor

I think it is a very lovely kitchen. If I lived alone it would be perfect. 

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Respected Contributor

I have lived in small spaces before and have never had a galley kitchen.  I do not like them because they look so cramped.