Honored Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: NEW MATTRESS @The Dump Store

when i moved int my apt. i got 2 real nice dressers from them for cheap.. delivery was 80.00 though.. expensive... but the dressers were worth it..  i wouldnt buy a mattress from them though.. i went with my aunt to raymore & flanigan and they have nice ones, and if  you hit it when there's a sale, they have good deals...

Honored Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

@dex wrote:

A lot of places give you a number of nights to try but you must purchase the special waterproof protector from them.

It also used to be, I don't know if it's true anymore or allowable,  that if they were going to resell them they had to remove the original tag and replace it with a different colored tag that stated it was used or refurbished.

I would never buy a mattress from any store that lets you try them for a certain number of nights.

@CelticCrafter  I bought a new Serta mattress last year, and every store I went to let you try the mattress for at least 30 days.  I don't think they resell the used mattresses though.  If they did they would have to state it up front, and no store I went in had used mattresses for sale.  I shopped around quite a bit before I bought the mattress.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

We have this store in our city and we avoid it just for the reason you explained.  I have never hear of anyone having a good experience - only problems.   So sorry to hear you are stuck with a lemon.

Honored Contributor

Thanks OP for posting as I've never heard of this place before, and I will avoid it.

I think some people are on a constant search for a 'bargain' and it is never a bargain when there are problems with the purchase that the retailer won't resolve. 

I have chosen to go to higher end furniture stores, that have great service (knowledgeable sales staff, great delivery people and for free) and warranty as well as service departments for when things go wrong. I pay more up front, but have never been disappointed in the quality or the service after the sale. 

Valued Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@Mustang Shar

https://www.bbb.org/chicago/business-reviews/furniture-retail/the-dump-in-lombard-il-88603762

This store is about 15 minutes from our house.  When they first opened, we were excited to go and see what they had.

We barely made one pass and couldn't wait to get out of there.

It certainly lives up to its name. 

Honored Contributor

I've seen tv ads for the one in Chicago, but have no reason to go there.  Sorry about your experience @Mustang Shar and thanks for alerting everyone.  We are delighted with the mattress we bought from Wayfair.  Never in a million years did I think I'd ever order something so important online without laying it first, but we did and it turned out to be a great find for us.  For under $500, for a king, it's better than the over $2000 mattress & boxspring we had prior.

Respected Contributor

There has been A Dump in my area for many years, but I've never been there.  Their commercials show some very nice looking items. 

Honored Contributor

@Mustang Shar  I had a foam topper that moved around on the bed and came up with this solution which solved the problem.   I got one of the white carpet-to-carpet felt-like rug pads which seem to be available everywhere.   They are slightly sticky but nothing transfers to whatever they're on, and they're reposition able.   Put one between the mattress and springs and I bet you'll see no more movement. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I have been to The Dump and that's exactly what it is.  I would never buy a mattress from them.  I don't know how they stay in business.