Super Contributor

couldn't resist.. just ordered my first crossroads candle - buttered maple syrup (with artwork) thanks Rusty'smom for explaining how to order the candle with the artwork..I'm loving all my goose creek candles but have heard good things about these candles so I thought I would give them a try... are there any other really good Crossroad scents that anyone likes?? thanks

Valued Contributor

Re: My first Crossroads Candle!

You are welcome Tobias. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.

Super Contributor

On 3/4/2015 Rustys mom said:

You are welcome Tobias. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.

I hope so too - the candle shipped already - cant wait to get it!

Valued Contributor

Tobias, just wondering if you received your candle from Crossroads yet and if so, if you like it? Since I recommended it to you, I hope you like it but if not, you will not hurt my feelings by saying so. Some people like them, some don't. I am just curious. Please let us know. I hope you like it though.

Super Contributor

On 3/10/2015 Rustys mom said:

Tobias, just wondering if you received your candle from Crossroads yet and if so, if you like it? Since I recommended it to you, I hope you like it but if not, you will not hurt my feelings by saying so. Some people like them, some don't. I am just curious. Please let us know. I hope you like it though.

Rustys mom - yes I received the candle monday but didn't try it til yesterday (also got the black metal sleeve which I love!) anyway, I adore the smell...its wonderful, however, I burned it last night and am burning it now and have to say as much as I love the smell, the throw is not strong at all....have you found that to be true?? unless I stand right over the candle, I cant really smell it very much... on the review page people are saying how it fills their whole house but i'm not finding that to be true at all.. I wonder if I got a dud? was thinking of calling the company..in fact, yesterday I ordered their melon candle because it got a great review.. please let me know how you have found the throw on this candle... as I said, I love the scent so much..just wish it had a better throw (btw-candle burns beautifully)

Valued Contributor

Tobias, I am sorry you are having a problem with the throw. Is it the 2-wick jar? I have always had good throw from them. Did you burn it long enough to get a good wax pool? Maybe burning it more will bring out the throw, I don't know but am just sorry that you are not happy with it. Yes, I would call the company and see what they have to say. Maybe they will send you a replacement.

Super Contributor

On 3/12/2015 Rustys mom said:

Tobias, I am sorry you are having a problem with the throw. Is it the 2-wick jar? I have always had good throw from them. Did you burn it long enough to get a good wax pool? Maybe burning it more will bring out the throw, I don't know but am just sorry that you are not happy with it. Yes, I would call the company and see what they have to say. Maybe they will send you a replacement.

yes it is the two wick jar.. I burned it two nights in a row and got a great wax pool...don't get me wrong - I adore the smell - when I'm right next to the candle it smells incredible-just wish I could smell it from across the room.. I may call the company later today just out of curiosity..i'll let you know what happens lol!

Super Contributor

Good luck on your candle. I don't think I would order from this line because I do not like food scents. I especially do not like maple syrup scents! I can barely tolerate it in real life. Lol. My sister however would adore this line. She likes food, bakery, and fruit fragrances. For her, the stronger the fragrance the better. Please post if you get a resolution on this. Good luck!
Respected Contributor

The best candle I have ever smelled (across the house) was the ones by Nest. I will never purchase any other now.