Respected Contributor

My new microwave came rolling into the house yesterday on a dolly, and I smiled with relief. The young installer unscrewed the 1st bolt of 3 bolts of the old one, then the 2nd bolt, and then there was a "clunk." He removed the microwave, but then the front frame of the cabinet next to it was loose and the doors crooked. Yikes. He called his office. I emptied the cabinet because I feared it would come crashing down with some of my best crystal in it. The new microwave was set on the dining room floor, still in its huge box. I tried to not look at it each time I had to walk past my appliance nemesis. Today, the installer came back with a carpenter, and the cabinet was fixed and looks good again. The new microwave was then finally installed. I haven't turned it on yet ...

Honored Contributor

After all that, you might want to make sure it works... Smiley Surprised Smiley Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Good Luck @Desert Lily.  Mine has already pulled the fake death on me once and it's brand new too.   Who do these micros think they are?  Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

Seriously?  All that and you didn't even want to know if worked?  

Esteemed Contributor

Glad to hear it's been safely installed! And to those who commented that it's a piece of cake to DIY, I guess this proves that some jobs, for many of us, need to be handled by someone else! Enjoy your new microwave!

Respected Contributor

good luck desert lily. enjoy your new microwave.

Respected Contributor
My sister had one of those over the stove microwaves that died. We went to replace it and discovered it had odd dimensions. Luckily we found the same model that only required a bit of modification to cut away at the tiles. Dad had to use a grinder since the Drimmel would not cut it like it shows on TV with the right bits and all. I think the previous owner must have used diamond tiles since we had a use a diamond grinder blade to cut the darned things. The previous owner had been a shop teacher after he retired from engineering and went back into engineering when public schools got so full of paperwork and junk that he couldn't teach like he wanted with all the hands on learning. Oh the days without all that "accountability" paperwork mucking things up. Teachers are held more accountable that parents!
Respected Contributor

It works, and I'm grateful that it does. But now, it doesn't match exactly with the rest of my appliances. I plan on selling my house and moving in 2-3 years, so I might replace the rest by then as a selling feature. Buying a microwave was like opening a can of worms. Lol.