New Contributor

Thomas Pacconi UPDATE

[ Edited ]

I miss Thomas Pacconi and his products.  So I went in search of what happened to him... well he is now at ...wait... you won't belive this but he no longer runs the family business and is selling cars at http://www.hyundaiofcoolsprings.com/dealership/sta​ff.htm which is in Franklin, Tennessee.  I did just email him asking about the Thomas Pacconi products and if we will ever see them produced again. 

Trusted Contributor

How interesting!  I have a number of his items, and over the years have tried to find some of his larger Christmas trees.  Sounds like a great way to combine family life and keeping busy with something interesting.  Did you find out if there is still a family business, and, if so, who's running it?

Honored Contributor

After seeing this post, I looked for him online, and yes, it appears he is selling cars. How strange. I can see getting to a place in your life where you don't want the pressure, or all that traveling, and wish to be closer to family. Perhaps he is loving just being with people, and out in the business world. 

Not what I expected to hear him doing at this stage of life, but retirement isn't for everyone.

Respected Contributor

Thanks for the info on Thomas Pacconi @Seattle Shamrock. That is interesting he is out of the business entirely and selling cars. I have so much of his Holiday items as well as a wood jewelry box and they are my treasures and have held up so well all these years. 

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for update I was wondering what happened to him not too long ago..  I have several of his pieces that I treasure,  I also purchased many as gifts,  he was a nice man and I'm glad to hear he's doing well.

Honored Contributor

When I saw his picture at the car dealership I was surprised at how well he looks.  In the last few years on the shopping channels he always looked tired and older to me. He seems to have found his happy place and I'm happy for him.  I have a closet full of his large table top pieces as well as a lot of the sets of ornaments in the wooden boxes.  He was a joy to watch and listen to.

Honored Contributor

Amazon sells a lot of his items.

Honored Contributor

Re: Thomas Pacconi UPDATE

[ Edited ]

@mousiegirl wrote:

Mousiegirl, do you have a lot of Thomas Pacconi ornaments.  When he first came to QVC he had so many beautiful items and each year my sister and I looked forward to his new offering of the 16" tabletop ornaments.  Then he started with more and more and the quality diminshed, IMO, and I stopped buying them.  I looked on ebay and see the prices are quite high.  I haven't looked on Amazon.

Honored Contributor

Re: Thomas Pacconi UPDATE

[ Edited ]

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

Mousiegirl, do you have a lot of Thomas Pacconi ornaments.  When he first came to QVC he had so many beautiful items and each year my sister and I looked forward to his new offering of the 16" tabletop ornaments.  Then he started with more and more and the quality dimished, IMO, and I stopped buying them.  I looked on ebay and see the prices are quite high.  I haven't looked on Amazon.

lucy, the only reason I never bought his items is that I have so many glass ornaments collected through the years that are similar, but I remember watching his shows.  I only came here in 2007, so maybe I missed a lot before that.  I could even have some of his ornaments and just don't realize it, bought elsewhere.

Honored Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

Mousiegirl, do you have a lot of Thomas Pacconi ornaments.  When he first came to QVC he had so many beautiful items and each year my sister and I looked forward to his new offering of the 16" tabletop ornaments.  Then he started with more and more and the quality diminshed, IMO, and I stopped buying them.  I looked on ebay and see the prices are quite high.  I haven't looked on Amazon.

I agree that the quality really diminished over time. Some of my ornament sets in the wooden boxes are now loosing their paint. 

But I too, loved to watch him. I especially loved when he was on with David. Christopher Radko and David as well. I wish Q would get people like that back. Mr. Christmas stuff just doesn't do it for me (not that I don't have a few pieces of that too).