Honored Contributor

Re: 'Modern Rustic'...

[ Edited ]

The outside looks too much like a barn or some stables.  (Or maybe garages?)  Nothing about it looks homey to me.

Same goes for the inside.  Bland and boring.

Honored Contributor

shome_image007_RGB_1080x733_1943882.jpg

I could do this, but I'd have to ditch everything on the night tables, the thing at the foot of the bed, the pillows and the drapes.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

shome_image006_RGB_1080x657_1943881.jpg

I could do this, too.  But without the drapes.  Jury's still out on the thing hanging over the table.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Valued Contributor
No one but me noticed (or maybe cares lol) that every wall is covered in my opinion horrid shiplap (horizontal paneling) walls? It's like the dark wood paneling of the past that's equally as horrible! I can't get past how anyone would build a new home covered in that!

And every wall is white-no taste, all impersonal. While maybe a room or 2 is fine, painting the whole house white is just uninspiring.
Esteemed Contributor

Doesn't appeal to me.  The only things I like are the ceiling beams and the drapes.  It's so bland.

Respected Contributor

As much as I love white, The inside doesn't appeal to me.  The outside looks like a motel/hotel retreat. Might be good for a weekend but that's all. 

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Honored Contributor

Yes---that is my style---would not use so much white and add color and not do drapes --still too much stuff but that is for the photos and way to big for just me but I like the simple,  clean lines. Am obsessed with oil rubbed bronze fixtures/ lighting and also seedy glass---would have to add those elements somewhere---love the outside too---

Respected Contributor

@stevieb 

I like the "center" part of the home with the french doors.  The 2 side wings aren't appealing though.  Most of the rooms have too much white & really could use pops of color.  At least the rooms are bright.  I'm wondering about the kitchen - doesn't appear to have much cabinetry?  Wood floors are pretty.  Thanks for sharing.

Respected Contributor

Re: 'Modern Rustic'...

[ Edited ]

Not a style I would embrace, boring and colorless.....would not give the architecture style a second look!

Respected Contributor

Very nice!  I like it.  Hoping there is more to the kitchen than just that.  Would be difficult for me to keep clean with my family.  Lol!