Esteemed Contributor

Re: Modern Farmhouse Kitchen

I love it. I think the black lighting fixtures, and stools add a nice contrast. I wish the chairs we see at the table were black too. I don't need a big kitchen just a functional one. This one looks like it fits the bill. 

Valued Contributor

Looks like every other kitchen in magazines, home decorating show, on Pinterest, etc. I have never been a fan of the "Modern Farmhouse" style and can't wait to see it gone. When I look at homes on the market and I see "updated kitchen" this is what they all look like. It's just not my style. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@manny2 wrote:

I love it. I think the black lighting fixtures, and stools add a nice contrast. I wish the chairs we see at the table were black too. I don't need a big kitchen just a functional one. This one looks like it fits the bill. 

@manny2   I'm like you. I don't need a big kitchen. My family is raised and the grandkids are married or grown up. Even when the grandkids were little..... my smaller kitchen was not much of a problem. My kitchen is a "step saver" and I have always loved that about it. Now that I'm over 70.....even more so!!!!     

Respected Contributor

@jubilant YES, please!

Respected Contributor

I like it, BUT anytime there is a sink or stovetop in the island that's a dealbreaker for me.

Esteemed Contributor

It's a pretty kitchen but I'm sooooo over an all white kitchen which has now morphed into the modern farmhouse kitchen.  

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

I love it, but I would change the light fixture over the table, but everything else I really like. I too, don't need a huge kitchen, but I would like more counter top space.. 

Honored Contributor

I like it very nicely coordinated.....although modern still has a cozy appeal to it

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”