Honored Contributor

Interior Living Spaces-Exposed Ceiling Trusses-01-1 Kindesign       

Honored Contributor

Re: Mixing Old With New Look

Love beams and brick in a kitchen!  Warm and inviting.   Were I the owners, I would not have chosen that floor-- seems a bit out of line with other elements.  In addition, (unless my monitor is giving me 'non-true' colors, which is very possible), the undertones in the floor seem to be fighting a bit with other colors.

Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

Love beams and brick in a kitchen!  Warm and inviting.   Were I the owners, I would not have chosen that floor-- seems a bit out of line with other elements.  In addition, (unless my monitor is giving me 'non-true' colors, which is very possible), the undertones in the floor seem to be fighting a bit with other colors.

@Oznell I agree.  I would have either done a nice wood floor that coordinated with the wood beams...or something that gave off a warm vibe.

Honored Contributor

I'm not feeling those floors either, nor am I a big fan of the countertops.  I do love that range though!!!

Honored Contributor

I am usually not a big brick person, but it goes really well in here! I don't mind the floors- not my favorite, but they are nice. A very, very nice kitchen! 

Honored Contributor

I love the brick and almost everything else is fine with me. The floors are clean and bright. I think a wood floor would be too much wood in this bright kitchen.

The beams are a bit overdone for me in this kitchen. The lower beams block the brick. Take away 1/4 of the beams and it's a gorgeous kitchen to me.

Respected Contributor

@Oznell   Agree with you completely.  I actually would have loved a wood with a black stain or something with contrast.  I think you nailed it.

Respected Contributor

I like the look but would not want an island to walk around all the time. You already have table and chairs to walk around.

Honored Contributor

Might have selected different flooring, but if they gave it to me I'd be all in.

Honored Contributor

Lovely!