Honored Contributor

Missing Old Virginia Candles

Sorry if this has been lamented here before, but as I was purging the house and listing things on ebay, I saw some of my favorite Old Virginia Candles listed. I so miss those triple layer jars with the bale handle. Q used to sell them in sets with toppers, all so nice and coordinating. I still have several sets that I use for decor and don't burn, but I'd love to be able to get those once again.

I really don't know what made the company abandon that line, and it appears they are now just about the Woodwick, which isn't my style. I don't see why a company wouldn't want to offer variety.

Anyone else miss these?

Super Contributor

Re: Missing Old Virginia Candles

Yes, I miss OV candles too. They are my favorite. I like them better than Yankee. My all time favorite is cucumber melon....so light, fresh and clean. Excellent for spring.
Honored Contributor

loved them

Respected Contributor

Woodwick does have the triple-layer candles that they call Trilogy. I don't think they use those old-fashioned jars any more, though.

Trusted Contributor

I agree -- I used to purchase Old Virginia Candles often. I actually just came across some beautiful old toppers that I had saved for a while, but I threw them away.

They had a great scent and a clean, even burn. They had a scent called, "New Fallen Snow" that was my absolute favorite winter scent of all-time. It was a light blue wax that came alone, in a triple-scented candle, as well as in their melts. I had stocked up on them when they started to change over. They are long gone now...

Honored Contributor

On 2/20/2014 Grade1Teach said:

I agree -- I used to purchase Old Virginia Candles often. I actually just came across some beautiful old toppers that I had saved for a while, but I threw them away.

They had a great scent and a clean, even burn. They had a scent called, "New Fallen Snow" that was my absolute favorite winter scent of all-time. It was a light blue wax that came alone, in a triple-scented candle, as well as in their melts. I had stocked up on them when they started to change over. They are long gone now...

I loved their New Fallen Snow, and still have a couple of small jars, and I think one of the triple layer ones with that fragrance. It is so crisp and clean smelling.

I still use my toppers, just on other brands, but I'd rather be able to get some of my old favorites to put them on. I check on ebay once in awhile, but I seem to look just after something good has sold. Day late and a dollar short, always!

Respected Contributor

I wouldn't just assume QVC ""abandoned"" them. There is a partnership between vendor and QVC.

Honored Contributor

On 2/20/2014 LisaB said:

I wouldn't just assume QVC "abandoned" them. There is a partnership between vendor and QVC.

I'm sorry if I didn't make myself clear, as I didn't mean that Q abandoned Old Virginia Candle, What actually happened was Old Virginia Candle Co abandoned their line of regular candles, and their name as well. They changed their name to Virginia Candle Co. and stopped making their "regular" candles, in favor of an all Woodwick line. Q did carry them even after OVCC abandoned their regular candle line.

Trusted Contributor

On 2/20/2014 mominohio said:
On 2/20/2014 Grade1Teach said:

I loved their New Fallen Snow, and still have a couple of small jars, and I think one of the triple layer ones with that fragrance. It is so crisp and clean smelling.

I still use my toppers, just on other brands, but I'd rather be able to get some of my old favorites to put them on. I check on ebay once in awhile, but I seem to look just after something good has sold. Day late and a dollar short, always!

You are so lucky to still have some of the New Fallen Snow scent left!! It's just wonderful! I check their site periodically to see if they've brought it back in some form, but so far, they haven't. You never know though...