Respected Contributor

It's formal but I happen to love this look!  Not everyone's cup of tea! 9bbd1ea34e642573a725f8471d4870f2.jpgMy guest bath has a wall to wall mirror above the sink and I have a Venetian mirror as well.  My only problem, none of the glass and mirror people where I live can figure out how to hang the Venetian mirror on the mirror.  Oh, how I miss New York!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Mirror on Mirror!

[ Edited ]

I love the way mirrors add light and dimension.  They become a moving picture.

That's a pretty sink.

oops corrected spelling

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

My bathroom has a wall-to-wall mirror. Been up since the 60s and it will stay as far as I’m concerned.

The mirror on mirror is pretty as shown but not my style.

Just think, if everyone had the same designing vision, there wouldn’t be much to look at.

Respected Contributor

@Somertime   Gorgeous--I love the formal elegance.  

Valued Contributor

What is the best way to hang on a mirror on a mirror?

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@barb40   Truthfully, the wall mirror needs to have a circle cut out but depending on the weight of the mirror you are going to hang, it can be glued or velcroed.  Usually the hanging mirror is too heavy to either glue or velcro.  The cutting of a hole/circle can be tricky.  If it's an original installation of the wall to wall mirror, the drilling is easy for either a light or a mirror.

Respected Contributor

A lot of hotels we stay in have this mirror on mirror in the bathroom and I LOVE IT!

One professional contractor told me that there is a small round cut out opening (about the size of a dinner plate) in the first mirror then the second mirror still mounts to the wall securly and sit on top of the first mirror.  This seems like a lot of work to me.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

mememee   What you were told is true and yes, it can be a little tricky but for me it's worth it for the end result.  Where I live, now, no one wants to do it, they are not familiar with the concept. Definitely, not a DIYY!

Honored Contributor

That is a simply beautiful bathroom.  Love the fixtures at the sink.  

There's also a hole cut out for the wall sconce and an electical outlet.

I've never noticed a mirror on mirror before.

I've seen where a TV screen is somehow hidden inside a mirror---which isn't a necessity I'd have to have.

Maybe you could buy a large mirror at a second hand shop and try cutting holes in.  I just googled and it says it's easy...lol.

Respected Contributor

@Lucky Charm   Believe me, it's not easy.  A glass or mirror cutter is very tricky to use for a DYI project.  You can shatter the whole mirror if you do not know what you are doing.  A lot of professionals will not do it on an existing wall to wall mirror because it could shatter.  If it's an original installations, it can be done before it's installed.