Honored Contributor

For those who are interested HSN has the Miracle Mop as a TSV.  Joy has it priced the same price as 25 years ago, due to the anniversary of the mop.  I was not watching Q at the time she was on so I have never tried it.  It is an updated version. In many colors and $19.95.  I do remember seeing Joy on the view a few years ago and she mentioned then that the mop sold after she demonstrated it.  Are there any Q viewers who saw that.  I think it is a big part of the movie, which I have not seen.  Like her or not some of her items are hits and some are misses.  I love her readers, pillows, one piece sheet system and I do have hangers.  Never heard why she left Q.  Enjoy ladies and have a great Sunday.

Honored Contributor

I have had too many self-inflicted black eyes from mop handles.................

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

I bet she sells a bunch of them - she's quite the salesperson - always successful with her TSVs.  I think it was smart of her to bring it out again now after the movie. 

Esteemed Contributor

I have never considered a mop to be a miracle!!

Honored Contributor

@sunshine 919 wrote:

For those who are interested HSN has the Miracle Mop as a TSV. 

For those who do not get HSN channel.....

opics5qj.gif

Updated version of the Miracle Mop

joy-new-miracle-mop-wself-wringing-helix-technology-d-2015123120381075~443199.jpg

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

Hoosier, it was a very smart move and last night she had already sold over 35,000.  I guess it really is a miracle mop because accoring to the clips I have seen no one thought she could do it.  And look at her nowSmiley Happy  26 years later and people are still purchasing it.  Good for her.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I'm sorry I did not think of that.  I do not know how to transfer from there to here.  But if someone sees the post they must be on some type of computer you can go to the HSN's website. 

Honored Contributor

@sunshine 919I never saw Joy on QVC and never bought her mop.  In fact, I' e never seen her present the mop on HSN either, but I did see the movie on New Year's Day.  The movie tells why she left QVC, but who knows if the movie is accurate or if their writers changed details to make a story work? 

I'm not discussing their story line, so that those who go won't have anything spoiled and like me just didn't know her story at all, so the fictionalized pieces, whatever they were, didn't affect me.

Valued Contributor

While it might be a perfectly okay product (and one which made Joy M. a billionaire), there is nothing like hours and days of on air programming of the very mop infomercials we all tried to avoid in the 80s and 90s.. lol Now its like informercials are the resurrected "Tonight Show" with Johnny Carson for some people.

While home shopping has its place and is here as a massive force, some channels and vendors are waaaaay too informercial-ly for my tastes. And as if adults need HOURS AND HOURS of instruction as to how to use a wring MOP???? If people are so clueless, they really shouldn't even have access to a credit card (or a telephone...or a television set).

I'm sure this new version of the mop is tied into the new movie "JOY" based on her life. I mean, I'm sure it was rolled out as her own company's tie in to the attention that movie will bring as people all wonder who the Miracle Mop lady is. It took nearly 30 YEARS to otherwise bring essentially the same mop base in a 2.0 version? I mean, people aren't really THAT gullible, are they?

On air sales (sales in general) is an art. And some go about it like carnival barkers - yiping about their product till people order it just to hopefully shut them up.

I prefer a subtler approach (if you couldn't tell).Smiley Happy It's a mop. I'll buy it or I won't. You don't have to wrestle me to the ground in order to beat me down in a mission to make a sale. In fact, I make certain NOT to buy such products...just cuz such sales tactics turn me off completely.

Honored Contributor

It would be a miracle mop if it cleaned by itself.