Honored Contributor

I had them and was driving me crazy😡.  They were in my spice cabinet

What I did first was go thru all my spices and threw away all old ones.  I know some don't have "expiration" dates but they do go bad.  The biggest culprit were chili powder, cumin, etc. 

I thoroughly washed the cabinet and tossed all the old jars I had.  Now when I replenished my spices I wrote date I bought on bottom.  I also put many in small mason jars and in Lock N Lock spice containers.  Not thrilled with the LNL ones as they do not have "shaker" tops.  I used them for spices I don't use often.

But, the one thing that worked and I haven't seen a bug in 1 year -- I put dry bay leaves in the cabinet both "front & back area".  I change them every other month.

I don't know why it works but it does!!!  Living in FL nothing is safe from humidity or bugs😳.  Everything I buy comes home and goes into a lock n lock pantry piece.  I love them & keeps everything fresh!!!

Respected Contributor

@springers 

I saw this on the net:

• You could make a poison mixture with Borax and powdered sugar. ...
  • If you have pets or children who could get into this powdered Borax mix, consider mixing 1 cup of warm with ½ cup of sugar, and 3 tablespoons of Borax. ...

If you’ve seen ants marching in a line, try wiping down the surface with vinegar or bleach to disrupt the chemical trail.

GET AN EXTERMINATOR if home remedies fail.

Don't stop until those gross guests are gone!

Good Luck.

Respected Contributor

As soon as Spring would come, I would have so many of these tiny ants around my kitchen counter and sink.  They seemed to be coming up through the drain.  This year I sprinked cinnamon all around the seams on my counter, sink and windowsills.  It looked a little messy but for the first time ever, not one ant.

Regular Contributor

Re: Miniature Ants

[ Edited ]

I am in an ant war and only now have I started winning.

Last year, I had ants in my kitchen. UGH!!!!!

I put out the little ant traps that are made by Raid - totally useless.

I used vinegar, clorox wipes, dawn dish detergent.  They finally went away.

In the Fall, my bug guy comes to do whatever he does to stop mice from coming into the garage.

He sprayed around the outside of the house for ants. 

This year, no inside ants.   HOWEVER, I've been invaded by the little stinkers outside on my brick patio.

Long, Long, story short - get some Terro from Amazon.  I bought the cups for inside my sun room and the spray for outside on the Patio.

So far, I'm wining.

Frequent Contributor

I had good luck with the Terro liquid bait stations for both the tiny and big ants this year.  I picked mine up at Walmart and I believe Target carries it also.  I have to agree with the majority of the posters the Raid ant cups are like throwing your money away.  

Valued Contributor

Ghost Ants....get an exterminator.  Only thing that works!!

Trusted Contributor

Thanks I will check out those traps. I have some (Amdro) that I love and work for regular ants. I get a toothpick and put a little of the poison on the underside to attract.
These tiny ones don't even go eat it

I have been wiping down the window sill with water, vinegar is better idea.

Whats weird is every evening (sundown) larger one with wings come out, like 10-20! I though those were queen ants (normal ants). I wipe those and toss in toilet.  They aren't moving to other rooms looking for food.

My husband thinks I'm crazy, I hate bugs in my house. 
We have so much heat here they are in bathroom upstairs coming from a hole in grout from back of shower!,Then they climb to window sill maybe cause I open windows in evening.