Valued Contributor

I have tried every brand of fairy lights for years  Every year I believe Bethlehem and Hsn and I get 8 sets of sets that dont work  I dont even get to the battery light  This year I turned them on and I got  a dim yellow light  I tried 2 more same thing  I also bought HSNs again and they worked but never lasted 2 weeks  Can anyone help me find a brand  I am willing to pay more

Honored Contributor

Re: fairy lights

[ Edited ]

I have the Bethlehem lights and they work fine.  Every season I take out the batteries and store.  When I take them out next season, I put in fresh batteries.  I haven't had a problem.  I do see a new brand listed H336789 LumaBase fairy lights that look interesting but no reviews.

Trusted Contributor

Re: fairy lights

[ Edited ]

never again!!!! they look so nice if they work. i got sets from here, amazon and pier one.. batteries would last maybe 3 weeks till they got dim.. and that was with durrcell batteries or energizer... i gave up on them all.. very dissapointed in them all... i would leave them in timer mode, so they werent on all the time also.. still ate up battery life...

Trusted Contributor
I got the ones from hsn that were the special 2.5 years ago. Batteries lasted 5 to 6 weeks before dimmed. They looked great.
Esteemed Contributor

I bought mine off Amazon.....I liked them so much that I got more.

Look under fairy lights and look for the high rated ones..

Esteemed Contributor

@mollymaggie  I have so many sets of BL fairy lights. After many years, they are working just fine. I have them on timers and take them in after the season. I put in new batteries every year and have never had a problem. Had two sets of fairy lights on a fern on a pedestal outside this summer. So pretty! Still going strong. One thing I do for my outside lights is put the battery boxes in zip lock bags. I use them indoors inside hurricanes and with garlands. I upgrade sometimes do to extended battery life.

Honored Contributor

I havn't had an issue with Bethlehem fairy lights, yet.  I am now using some amber that I bought many years ago, never used them, but came across them.  I also bought some amber this year here, and they are a deeper color and smaller than the older lights.

Trusted Contributor
I have to get my orange ones out too. Fall decorating time! Doesn’t matter it will be 90 next week.