Honored Contributor

I record Mid Somer Murders.  I love the English Cottage look that most of the houses in the show have.  They all have beautiful plants and/or ivy growing up the sides of the cottage's.  Beautiful huge flowering plants enhancing their door ways.  Lots of character inside them too, very cozy and comfy looking.

I could live in one.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Valued Contributor

I love Midsomer Murders! Since handguns are outlawed in England, this show depicts the most unique methods to kill someone: crossbows, bees, poison, the list goes on and on. And I agree with OP that the setting and scenery is lovely.

Honored Contributor

Oh, yeah, @Imaoldhippie ,  bring on those charming cottages-- can never get enough.  Super show too.

Honored Contributor

@Oznell ................I really like the show also.  Im a murder mystery freak.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

Yes, I like the old British ones, @Imaoldhippie ,  like "Morse",  and the "Adam Dalgleish" ones by P.D. James , and of course the "Miss Marple" version on PBS that had Joan Hickson playing Miss Marple...

I esp. liked the contrarian nature of the "Morse" character!

And of course you get to see a lot of quirky English cottages in all of them....

Trusted Contributor

I can watch Midsommar Murders back to back for hours!

Love the cottage style decor.

My bathroom has blue and yellow toile wallpaper and I think it's so pretty.

My tastes run toward traditional and this show nails it.

Love the clothing too.

Valued Contributor

I just started watching this show and noticed that a very young Colin Firth was in the first episode.  What a cutie and he played a nasty young man very well.

Valued Contributor

Someone in my family owns one of those cottages. It’s in Oxfordshire.

They only filmed the outside, and yes, it does have something growing round the door!  

The cottage is not on the main road through the little village, and the lane is a dead end, so the location scout must have been purposely looking around the village.

Trusted Contributor

My husband and I are fans of Midsomer Murders and Death in Paradise-our Saturday evening viewing are here in the Vegas area on PBS, unless they are doing the pledge drive.