Respected Contributor

Making a Winter Home Cozy..What do you Use?

I like to put out lots of cozy pillows and throws on sofas and chairs and even benches for the Winter season. It makes everything feel so warm and cozy.

What do you use or do?

Honored Contributor

Re: Making a Winter Home Cozy..What do you Use?

I don't change anything from season to season like that.  I do have a fuzzy blanket that's always available.  I use it all year round.

Honored Contributor

All I do is make sure my heat stays on the "hell" setting. whistling.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

I just have some low lighting around...a clear string of lights that's strung over the hydrangeas & sleigh bells on the mantle; in another corner, the lowest setting on the hobnail (hurricane) lamp; and some good smells from the kitchen -- that is, when I'm baking and/or cooking.

Honored Contributor

I have the lanterns with the battery-operated candles from QVC, white/ivory lanterns.  I keep them out through February (or the coldest season), also put out candles around and about, warm colors of throws, change my bed linens from the whites of spring and summer and ivories of autumn to something with red or use red flannel blankets folded at the foot of the bed.  Place a crystal bowl in blue guest bathroom with silver and red ornaments from Christmas.  Keep lamps on with dimmer switch in darker areas of the house.  Transition some of the pillows on the sofa to more wintry looking pillows.  Usually all this is done for Christmas and just remains after the tree and decor are removed.

Esteemed Contributor

Our red, leather rocker holds comfy, attractive throws and we enjoy our warm, gas fireplace. A few people in my family have asthma so we don't burn wood. I have a couple of canvas prints that I change out seasonally. Right now in the open hallway between entry and living room, I have a snow-covered aspen print with cinnamon-scented pine cones sitting on shelf below it. Kitchen has a seasonal canvas print near our island - cool mountain stream. We keep our Victorian lighted houses out while temps hover below freezing. Can't wait to put those houses away -- cold in the central Midwest!    

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I also use a variety of warm throws, pillows with winter and Valentine’s Day themes, assorted candles on timers, and a few cardinals and snowman items.  The place feels both festive and warm.

Honored Contributor

Use lots of flameless candles, change pillows on couch and keep the heat up.  

Honored Contributor

I like pillows on my couch year round, I change the pillow covers every season.  I like flameless candles in the winter, I love the glow.  

Honored Contributor

The only changes I make is to the Jim Shore figurines. I'd love to add more things but not practical if trying to downsize. Pillows change is something that would be fun.