Trusted Contributor

For anyone interested, Aldi has your choice of faux lemons, limes or pears in a package of 14 for $7.99.  They are very nicely done ~ made of styrofoam but smooth, not bumpy like styrofoam can sometimes be.  I bought the pears as I think these would be nice to add to our kitchen decor for fall.  Some are even spotted like a real pear would be.  Valerie has a package of 12 limes (H202321) for $19.75 that look to be about the same size as the ones I saw today.  Don't get me wrong, I love Valerie and eagerly anticipate her shows but this is such a good value I wanted to share.  :-) 

Honored Contributor

Thank you for sharing!  I love fake fruit as a decor and am always adding new styles and changing them around.  One of my favorite sets was a beautiful ceramic set that was hand painted that I found at a local thrift store....  they make my antique/country decor look inviting ....Woman Happy

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor
I'd just be happy if I would go to town and find Aldi's period. We are supposed to be getting a Kroger or a Publix to add to our WalMart, Harvey's, and Save-A-Lot. With out KMart closing, we have a spot for something like Target or Aldi's to move in.
Esteemed Contributor

@Julie928 wrote:

For anyone interested, Aldi has your choice of faux lemons, limes or pears in a package of 14 for $7.99.  They are very nicely done ~ made of styrofoam but smooth, not bumpy like styrofoam can sometimes be.  I bought the pears as I think these would be nice to add to our kitchen decor for fall.  Some are even spotted like a real pear would be.  Valerie has a package of 12 limes (H202321) for $19.75 that look to be about the same size as the ones I saw today.  Don't get me wrong, I love Valerie and eagerly anticipate her shows but this is such a good value I wanted to share.  :-) 

I love Aldis!!!!!!!! They just reopened ours after a gorgeous renovation!!! I will check these out..they would look great in a large glass container in the kitchen..they also have all kinds of organic foods now..not $$$ like Whole Paycheck...Lol!!!!! Thanks! xox

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Honored Contributor

I'm glad to hear they're remodeling some of their stores. Maybe they'll do the one nearest me because as it is, it's a depressing store to walk into, and the strip mall it's in is depressing, and it's about 8 miles away.  With so many excellent places to shop in between me and them and with how little I buy on each trip, I rarely go there.

They did build a brand new, free-standing Aldi not quite as far away from me when I'm in Florida.  I should try that one this winter.

Honored Contributor

That's a good price.  I have a pear theme in the kitchen and use regular size pears and mini pears.  Home Goods usually has various size fruit.  

Trusted Contributor

@millieshops ~ They remodeled all three that are close to our house, so I bet yours will be remodeled, too!  :-)

Valued Contributor

I went to Aldis yesterday and the parking lot was like bumper cars. I didn't know they were remodeling since this store just opened a short while ago. What are the changes?

it seems they are doing many.

Trusted Contributor

@millieshops: They just remodeled the store near me in Fl., & it looks real nice & they carry more food & merchandise now.

Esteemed Contributor

@Limbo4now wrote:

I went to Aldis yesterday and the parking lot was like bumper cars. I didn't know they were remodeling since this store just opened a short while ago. What are the changes?

it seems they are doing many.

My store is so much bigger..more name brands and organic. The aisles are wider..just a great store..the prices are amazing..and  I got coupons there..$5 off a $30 purchase..for the next several weeks..very happy!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West