Honored Contributor

@MOMOF2BOYS wrote:

In the question section of the TSV description, someone asked about the red, blue and green. A QVC spokesperson answered that those colors will not be offered.

THis is just a shame, as those colors would be perfect for the summer season and holidays. My guess is that since they were loaded into the selection, they much have anticipated them coming in, but something went wrong.

Too bad, because I thought the sales were rather slow early on for these, and those summer colors of red and blue would have pushed me over the edges to buy.

Honored Contributor

I watched the show planning to get the navy candles.  I was disappointed they were not available but decided to purchase the coral.  They will fit beautifully into my white book shelf.  

Valued Contributor

@RazorSharp wrote:

@mallemo wrote:

@RazorSharp wrote:

My rechargeable Luminara votives glow from the inside as well as from the flame on top. It's lame that the one included in this lantern doesn't glow from within.

@RazorSharp...That is what I am looking for in the Luminara tealights/votives. I want that "glow from within" feature. Would you mind telling me where you purchased your votives? Are they wax and not the plastic? Thank you!

@mallemo I purchased the rechargeable votives from the old Luminara website about 3 years ago.  It was shortly thereafter that the website was moved or disappeared.  The votives were unpopular, because they were expensive (I think I paid $125/set) and the charge lasts just under 4 nights on a 5 hour timer.  I charge mine up on Thursday or Friday night, put them out in sconces all through my home, and enjoy them for the weekend.  They are not wax, they are a soft resin.  I prefer this, because they are easier to clean, and they look real.  If you're getting close enough to determine that they are not wax, you're getting close enough to determine that they're not real at all, so, to me, the resin is much better in terms of cleaning.  

@RazorSharp...Did yours come in a set of 6?

Valued Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@mallemo wrote:

@RazorSharp wrote:

My rechargeable Luminara votives glow from the inside as well as from the flame on top. It's lame that the one included in this lantern doesn't glow from within.

@RazorSharp...That is what I am looking for in the Luminara tealights/votives. I want that "glow from within" feature. Would you mind telling me where you purchased your votives? Are they wax and not the plastic? Thank you!

@mallemo, I know that @RazorSharp has answered you, but I thought you might like to know that the Mystique brand tealights and tall votives both glow from within around the top section, and they are the same Luminara flame technology.  They are ivory resin or plastic.

There are pros and cons, though, to consider.  The tealights have the twist-into-place-with-a-coin locking bottom where you change button batteries.  I've not had one break yet, but my mom has broken one of hers.  I can see where these would eventually wear out due to the constant battery changing (every 10-12 days on average for me, if I keep up with them) and another poster mentioned issues she had with them.

The other con is that in the taller votives, the inner workings cause lighter and darker areas to show up inside the lower part of the votive, which is noticeable, but to what degree depends on where you place them. 

Pros would be lower price and usually available at places like Overstock and Amazon.

http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g418/UnderTheseTrees/20160609_111736-11_zpszayqdqdh.jpg

@SHOPR...Thanks for that info. Those do look more like what I'm looking for. I'll have to check them out.

Trusted Contributor

@mallemo wrote:

@RazorSharp wrote:

@mallemo wrote:

@RazorSharp wrote:

@mallemo I purchased the rechargeable votives from the old Luminara website about 3 years ago.  It was shortly thereafter that the website was moved or disappeared.  The votives were unpopular, because they were expensive (I think I paid $125/set) and the charge lasts just under 4 nights on a 5 hour timer.  I charge mine up on Thursday or Friday night, put them out in sconces all through my home, and enjoy them for the weekend.  They are not wax, they are a soft resin.  I prefer this, because they are easier to clean, and they look real.  If you're getting close enough to determine that they are not wax, you're getting close enough to determine that they're not real at all, so, to me, the resin is much better in terms of cleaning.  

@RazorSharp...Did yours come in a set of 6?

@mallemo Yes.

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@MOMOF2BOYS wrote:

In the question section of the TSV description, someone asked about the red, blue and green. A QVC spokesperson answered that those colors will not be offered.

THis is just a shame, as those colors would be perfect for the summer season and holidays. My guess is that since they were loaded into the selection, they much have anticipated them coming in, but something went wrong.

Too bad, because I thought the sales were rather slow early on for these, and those summer colors of red and blue would have pushed me over the edges to buy.

@Mominohio  I wonder if they will be presented before the 4th of July.  I can see that people would want the red and blue for that time, if not then, then when for navy and red, I wonder.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@MOMOF2BOYS wrote:

@Mominohio  I wonder if they will be presented before the 4th of July.  I can see that people would want the red and blue for that time, if not then, then when for navy and red, I wonder.

I have to wonder if they probably won't ever get them. I was so looking forward to buying a red, white (ivory), and blue. But since they didn't have the red and blue, I got nothing. I should be glad, saved me a lot of money.

And if more colors come in after the TSV price, people won't be happy, even if the new price is only a couple of dollars more than today.

Valued Contributor

The Luminara rep. posted this on her FB page...

"Unfortunately those additional colors are being ordered for CIJ and the new web design required QVC to load all the color options on the page. They crossed out the three colors as sold out. It's something QVC merchandising is aware of and will work on rectifying for the future."

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio@mallemo@RazorSharp@mousiegirl@DiAnne

I cancelled my order of the TSV yesterday : ( In the spot outside, where I wanted to use it, I am hoping for a full-sized candle. Also, I like the looks of the Heritage style in slate.  If anyone received that color, does the finish have antiquing at all? My red Heritage style seems to have some depth to the finish. Maybe I perceive depth due to the fact that there are curved surfaces. They are not just painted a flat all-over color?

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

The battery life is what stopped me from ordering these. I have other candles that use AA batteries and they get 1000 hours. They are not Luminara but such a wide difference in battery life. I also thought that the candle looked too small and skinny for the lantern. I have  a previous TSV lantern and that button on the bottom needs improvement as well as the latch on the door. I hope they addressed those two concerns for those that purchased this version. I loved the white and the bronze but I just couldn't see buying all those battereis. I'm there enought for all my other flameless candles.