New Contributor

What's your opinion on my pyramid air plant terrarium?

HgpeWMbnQmqap4sgAbdX_il_570xN.885949730_zupr.jpg

I just made my own succulent terrarium!! What do you guys think of it? Any suggestion to make it better?

Honored Contributor

Re: What's your opinion on my pyramid air plant terrarium?

@KristiG11  I don't know what that bright yellow, magenta and green stuff is but the plants in your terrarium are not succulents.  The are a variety of bromeliad that grows high in the trees in tropical rain forests, called Tillandsia.  Belonging to the same family and grown in the US are pineapple and Spanish moss.  None of these are parasitic but merely depend on a tree as a place to sit.

Your plants will need bright light and as much misting as you can remember to give them.  Remember...tropical rain forest, warm and wet.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

It is very pretty!

Respected Contributor

Very pretty and colorful!  I love your choice of the simplicity of the

container, it lets you appreciate each plant and their colorsSmiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@KristiG11, very pretty!  LM

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@KristiG11  I don't know what that bright yellow, magenta and green stuff is but the plants in your terrarium are not succulents.  The are a variety of bromeliad that grows high in the trees in tropical rain forests, called Tillandsia.  Belonging to the same family and grown in the US are pineapple and Spanish moss.  None of these are parasitic but merely depend on a tree as a place to sit.

Your plants will need bright light and as much misting as you can remember to give them.  Remember...tropical rain forest, warm and wet.

@Kachina624

The colorful stuff is dyed, decorative mosses, I have some under my air plant to add color.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

beautiful!....where did you find the pyrimid?

New Contributor

Thank you! I bought the whole set, pyramid and air plants from a terrarium artisan from Boston. If you are interested in this kind of stuff, I recommend exploring a website called verlocal. They dedicate the whole website for local artisans who wants to sell their products or hosting classes

New Contributor

Thank you! Yeah, I was tempted to add more decoration, but now I glad I didn't do it, hahaha