Honored Contributor

Re: Looking to buy a new vacuum

Miele has a great guarantee.  I think it's seven years.  Great vacuum.

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Honored Contributor

I have bought quite a few vacuums. And I really like the one I bought about 4 years ago. It is a Hoover Wind Tunnel Max (Paws). This is the model for animals.

I use it about every other day because I presently have a collie and also had a short haired collie. I stopped using my Dyson because it was clumsy and heavy and now only use the Hoover.

I have had no trouble and it has really worked well. It cost about 1/3 of what I paid for my Dyson and I wish I did not buy the Dyson. Because it is now just taking up space.

Valued Contributor

Timely topic - my Dyson just literally fell apart this morning.  Lasted 13 years.  We had a good run.  

I will probably buy another but interesting to read everyone else's take.

Esteemed Contributor

I recently bought the Bissell Air Ram. It's light and has great suction. It works great on my hardwood, tile and carpet. The only surface it does not work on is the shag rug in my living room. For that I pull out my central vac once a week. The Air Ram runs on a rechargeable battery which can be recharged on or off the vac. I need to recharge about once a week. It's bagless. The first times I used it I had to empty the smallish dirt cylinder daily- it picked up so much dirt that my Miele upright left behind! I use the AR daily and have to empty the canister less often. It should work well with small, long haired dogs. Love that it's small, lightweight, easy to maneuver and cordless. Please know it has no tools, which I never use anyway. Bought mine at Bed, Bath & Beyond online and used the 20% off coupon which gave me the best price, $170.00 and free shipping. Mine arrived within 48 hours of ordering. Recommended. Reviews are good. Keep in mind that the unit is a lightweight plastic, so don't bang or yank it around. Replacing my 18 year old Miele because I wanted lightweight, cordless and good power, which I got in the Air Ram. Bonus: not nearly as noisy as other brands, which my dog likes!

Honored Contributor

Mine is a Bissell from WM as well.  It's bagless and has filters but everything is washable.  I will never buy another filtered vacuum where the filter needs to be replaced.   It ends up being too costly and everytime I've done this, the model of vacuum is changed and then you can't get the filter anymore. 

I'm personally not a fan of bagless vacuums but it's nearly impossible to find a vacuum with bags anymore. 

Honored Contributor

I bought a vacuum about a year ago.

I was about to have surgery and I needed something small and lightweight to use during my recovery.   At the time I had 2 labs & a cat.

I purchased the Black & Decker Airswivel Ultra Light Weight Pet Vacuum and I love it.

I paid $70

It's so easy to use, easy to empty, easy to keep clean.

It picks up everything.

Now that I'm fully recovered, I'm not going back to wrestling a big, heavy vac.

@bonnielu

Esteemed Contributor

While I would love to buy a Shark I was upset with their customer service.  It was a little steam cleaner that went bad and they were not polite (to put it mildly) and I called back three times with no kind attention or result.  So I am going to look elsewhere for my vacuum that I am seeking.