Honored Contributor

This little corner of a French inspired living room has many elements I love.  Clean lines on the furniture, metal work on the tables, unadorned (or minimally adorned) large windows, architecturally interesting woodwork,  and a fairly neutral color palette:

Esteemed Contributor

I would need to see the whole room.  As it is, it looks very close and cluttered, especially with that huge tree in the corner.  Do like the windows.

Esteemed Contributor

I really like the living room from this section of it that we can see.  Of course, I'd make a few fairly minor tweaks.  I love the french doors and all the windows but I'd need some type of window treatments for them.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

I love everything about this room.

The colors used are perfect. It's bright, cheery, and has my name written all over it.

Respected Contributor

The room is pretty, but hard to judge because it looks like everything was pushed together for the photo. Also I don't understand why this is "French inspired."  The furnishings and the room are pretty non-descript.

Honored Contributor

Absolutely love this too, @faeriemoon !  Everything about it-- architecture, light, metal, glass, rich velvet. It's sophisticated, "clean" but evoking comfort and serenity.  

Respected Contributor

I like this room a lot, very light and airy and pleasing; I think it leans toward minimalism rather than those massive collections often displayed, which I also like.....!

Lovely room.

Honored Contributor

Re: Living room

[ Edited ]

I like it but nothing French about it IMO. Get rid of the tree.

Close the door your letting in the flies & other critters.

I love houses with lots of windows to let the light in.

I never open the doors or windows. I don't want the humidity in my house.

Honored Contributor

@Bhvbum wrote:

The room is pretty, but hard to judge because it looks like everything was pushed together for the photo. Also I don't understand why this is "French inspired."  The furnishings and the room are pretty non-descript.

The article from which it came discussed French Country and French inspired decorating.

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

I like it but nothing French about it IMO. Get rid of the tree.

Close the door your letting in the flies & other critters.

I love houses with lots of windows to let the light in.

I never open the doors or windows. I don't want the humidity in my house.

Although it doesn't scream French Country, I think it has a French flair in it's composition.