Honored Contributor

Re: Light-filled Dining Area...

Love it. 

Super Contributor

I don't care for high ceilings or gigantic fireplaces. I prefer a small cozy room. Too in many windows too.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sooner wrote:

BIG no for me.  Half of the diners will be squinting into the sun or looking at drawn shades and they can't see the people across the table who will be in silhouette.

@Sooner 

Might be north-facing with a wooded lot.  We had a house with huge windows once upon a time, right before I moved here.  The DR had the most windows. I loved it because it did . We had lots of trees and I loved nothing more than to sit there, eat and look out onto the beautifully landscaped shade garden. We bought the home from a couple who owned a local gardening-horticulture nursery.  No work to get the landscape done.  Just keep it trimmed up.

Honored Contributor

I think it's a nice space. I'd prefer a bit more color. My favorite parts of the room are the floor, fireplace, rug, and table. I agree that the chairs look uncomfortable, and I'd like some kind of window treatments. 

Respected Contributor

I had those same ladderback chairs many years ago, and you are right; they are very uncomfortable, but look great.I am not a fan of the wood ceiling; it makes the ceiling feel like it is closing in....but I know that look is popular.