Honored Contributor

Appealing dining area that's part of great room. Love the  space, the rustic fireplace, the interesting upper window and all the lower windows, though they need some sort of covering. Also like the pretty hardwoods, the bulky 'farm' table and the ladderbacks, though they don't look very comfortable.

ericrossroostica.jpg

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Re: Light-filled Dining Area...

[ Edited ]

Love everything about this room.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

BIG no for me.  Half of the diners will be squinting into the sun or looking at drawn shades and they can't see the people across the table who will be in silhouette.

Esteemed Contributor

Such a beautiful room; I love everything about it.  I agree that it needs window treatments.  

Honored Contributor

i love this pretty room. It's homey, warm, interesting, and welcoming.

I do agree that the chairs might be a bit uncomfortable (although I like the look of these chairs) so I would replace them with comfortable upholstered high back chairs.

Honored Contributor

It's a terrific room, with so much texture to provide interest-- stone hearth, that wonderful warm, wood- planked ceiling, the multi-paned windows.

To me it shows that you can go completely neutral in any area, and still be interesting and eye-catching-- it's how you do it.

Honored Contributor

The only negative in this room for me is that there aren't any curtains or drapes on the windows.  Other than that the room has appeal, love the ceiling, the wood and the fireplace.  

Respected Contributor

There can never be too many windows for me.

It's beautiful "as is".

While I agree the summer light might be intense, I love curtainless windows. My mother did it in our living and dining room decades ago, before it became fashionable. Nothing like warming sunlight.

Honored Contributor

I like everything except the light fixture. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Very appealing, attractive room.  My parents had identical chairs that they bough unfinished from an Appalachian craftsman to go with a walnut table dad made.  He taught himself from a book and wove the raffia seats.  They were extremely uncomfortable.  I gave them away after they died.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment