Honored Contributor

Library with VERY High Ceilings

Valued Contributor

Re: Library with VERY High Ceilings

Love this, I would spend all day here.  I would dress up the ceiling, remove the chairs and have one wingback just for me.

libby's folly
Honored Contributor

Slightly stupid to have books on shelves that are totally inaccessible

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

I’m not a fan of libraries in a home. And where is the rolling ladder.

Sometimes the strength within you is not a big fiery flame for all to see. It is just a tiny spark that whispers ever so softly "You Got This - Keep Going"
Honored Contributor

I really don’t care for it.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Library is crowed in this picture...scrap the leather footrest and why are those pictures tacked onto the front of the bookshelf, they look way out of place!  Needs to be brightened up, paint color is way too drab.  And, scrap the drapes, I hate overdone heavy drapes....something lighter, none, or use custom wood shutters on the arch window!  And where is the gliding ladder to reach the top shelf?

Honored Contributor

Since I was a young girl I have always loved libraries in homes.  This room is very appealing but how do you access the books on the high shelves or are they just decorative books.  Aside from that I do love the room and could easily find myself in one of those chairs reading a good book, comfortable and relaxed !!!!

Super Contributor

LOVELY!!!  I think it is beautiful!  Have always admired home libraries, and the more books the better! Coffered ceiling with inset lighting, gorgeous! Heart The furniture and the set up is amazing and classic!  The two pieces of small art on the shelves is a nice touch!  The top rows of books in libraries such as this, are not to be read necessarily.  They are usually a collection of masterpieces that are purely for display.  But, there are also library ladders that allow you to reach the top shelves for cleaning or to change or add books.

Respected Contributor

Too masculine for me.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Honored Contributor

Very nice!