Respected Contributor

Re: Library with VERY High Ceilings

[ Edited ]

Very cozy. I love natural wood, but I'm not sure it's perfect for this room's ceiling. Maybe in person it looks different. 

Honored Contributor

I love this room. I would take down the artwork on the library shelf uprights, however. I just don't think it is necessary or attractive, personally. The room is a bit crowded, but still, I'd love to have this in my home.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

Grew up with one in our house. However, it was the traditional mahogany/dark wood, rolling ladder, oxblood leather chairs with studs, large desk, etc. It was my favorite room in the winter due to the huge library window that looked over the property and the fireplace. Reading a book, drinking hot cocoa, a fire and the snow through the window....wonderful memory.

This room looks kinda small for the large pieces of furniture the're using. Not a fan of the ceiling though the dome does add drama. Just wish they had not used that type of wood-work inside the dome.

Honored Contributor

books are life....i could live here.

Honored Contributor

@SahmIam   That would have been my favorite room in the houseHeart

Honored Contributor

@SandPiperI was thinking as I read the post above yours that there's a bit of the shelf area not in the picture and the rolling laddert is there.

Just last weekend, I spent 2 days in a home that had those 12-foot ceilings in every downstairs room.  I liked what was there as a place to visit, but in my own everyday space, I like quite sparse decor and those high ceilings aren't at all the best for my style.  

Honored Contributor

I am not really a Library person but I like this..I would remove the drapes.

Esteemed Contributor

The room is small. The desk takes up to much room. Love the shelf colors. Interesting how they hung those pics.  All in all nice room. 

Honored Contributor

Unlilke a lot of high ceilings, I thin this one provides a lot of ambienceSmiley Happy

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

I like the shelving minus the artwork hanging on it. I don't think the natural wood color ceiling goes with the rest of the room. I don’t care for the furniture or drapes. 

We use our smallest bedroom as a reading and music room. One wall has 2 tall bookshelves with some of our books (others are in our finished basement). The room also has 2 recliners with a small table and lamp between the chairs, stereo, my guitars, and a cedar chest.