Reply
Valued Contributor
Posts: 501
Registered: ‎03-25-2010

LED Vintage Paper Houses....

at Joann's site. On sale. Some available in store, some only online. I'm interested in some for winter themed cloches I want to create. They don't give measurements, except some are called ornaments and one higher priced one is called large and one says 11". I will have to see them in person for what I need. I know VPH has had these in the past, but I wasn't interested then. Don't know how her  prices compared. Thought maybe some of you might "need" these. HTH

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,442
Registered: ‎04-17-2013

Re: LED Vintage Paper Houses....

Now you've done it, @COUNTRYGAL.  Now I want a small house for my one cloche (bell jar from Michael's) that I bought last year and never got around to using.  I also want to check out the colored bottle brush trees and animal figurines.  Oh, and I have already searched Joann and found a eucalyptus and berry stem that I think I want to order.  Enabler!!! :-) 

 

It is really too bad that the houses don't have measurements.  I would probably place a small order this afternoon if I had that information, just to get it out of my system. 

Valued Contributor
Posts: 501
Registered: ‎03-25-2010

Re: LED Vintage Paper Houses....


@SHOPR wrote:

Now you've done it, @COUNTRYGAL.  Now I want a small house for my one cloche (bell jar from Michael's) that I bought last year and never got around to using.  I also want to check out the colored bottle brush trees and animal figurines.  Oh, and I have already searched Joann and found a eucalyptus and berry stem that I think I want to order.  Enabler!!! :-) 

 

It is really too bad that the houses don't have measurements.  I would probably place a small order this afternoon if I had that information, just to get it out of my system. 


It is really annoying that they don't give measurements..one of the most important things you need to know when ordering online. Luckily, I have one fairly close so I can look in person. 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 8,197
Registered: ‎12-13-2010

Re: LED Vintage Paper Houses....


@country gal wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

Now you've done it, @COUNTRYGAL.  Now I want a small house for my one cloche (bell jar from Michael's) that I bought last year and never got around to using.  I also want to check out the colored bottle brush trees and animal figurines.  Oh, and I have already searched Joann and found a eucalyptus and berry stem that I think I want to order.  Enabler!!! :-) 

 

It is really too bad that the houses don't have measurements.  I would probably place a small order this afternoon if I had that information, just to get it out of my system. 


It is really annoying that they don't give measurements..one of the most important things you need to know when ordering online. Luckily, I have one fairly close so I can look in person. 


@COUNTRYGAL  I was reading the places they suggested the houses would work well in so I'm guessing they're too large for most cloches.  They have some really nice ones though.  Wish they had some small ones for a cloche.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 32,836
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: LED Vintage Paper Houses....

[ Edited ]

@country gal wrote:

at Joann's site. On sale. Some available in store, some only online. I'm interested in some for winter themed cloches I want to create. They don't give measurements, except some are called ornaments and one higher priced one is called large and one says 11". I will have to see them in person for what I need. I know VPH has had these in the past, but I wasn't interested then. Don't know how her  prices compared. Thought maybe some of you might "need" these. HTH


 

Are you proud of yourself that you and your friend Brewhaha completely ruined a new thread "Garden Quotes" that many would have enjoyed?

Valued Contributor
Posts: 501
Registered: ‎03-25-2010

Re: LED Vintage Paper Houses....


@lucymo wrote:

@country gal wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

Now you've done it, @COUNTRYGAL.  Now I want a small house for my one cloche (bell jar from Michael's) that I bought last year and never got around to using.  I also want to check out the colored bottle brush trees and animal figurines.  Oh, and I have already searched Joann and found a eucalyptus and berry stem that I think I want to order.  Enabler!!! :-) 

 

It is really too bad that the houses don't have measurements.  I would probably place a small order this afternoon if I had that information, just to get it out of my system. 


It is really annoying that they don't give measurements..one of the most important things you need to know when ordering online. Luckily, I have one fairly close so I can look in person. 


@COUNTRYGAL  I was reading the places they suggested the houses would work well in so I'm guessing they're too large for most cloches.  They have some really nice ones though.  Wish they had some small ones for a cloche.


One that they called an ornament might work for me or it could be too small. I have several size cloches including VPH's with the snowman. 

Valued Contributor
Posts: 501
Registered: ‎03-25-2010

Re: LED Vintage Paper Houses....


@mousiegirl wrote:

@country gal wrote:

at Joann's site. On sale. Some available in store, some only online. I'm interested in some for winter themed cloches I want to create. They don't give measurements, except some are called ornaments and one higher priced one is called large and one says 11". I will have to see them in person for what I need. I know VPH has had these in the past, but I wasn't interested then. Don't know how her  prices compared. Thought maybe some of you might "need" these. HTH


 

Are you proud of yourself that you and your friend Brehaha completely ruined a new thread "Garden Quotes" that many would have enjoyed?


I had to go back to that thread to see what you are talking about. The fact that TPTB decided to edit that post had NOTHING to do with my responses, IMO. I merely asked her for a clarafication as I thought she might have mistakenly left out an important word that changed the whole meaning. You read her response to me and I said "Gotcha" meaning that I knew what she originally meant. If you think that I purposely ruined that thread then I think you're stretching QUITE a bit. I enjoy gardening and had posted my own quote "Bloom where you are planted". 

As for being friends with her, I am NOT friends with ANYbody on ANY internet site. I merely post on the Garden and Home sites where my interests are. There are many people that I respond to, but that does NOT make me friends with them. I have seen posts from her in the past that I thought were funny. EXCUSE ME for saying so! I do not intend to engage in any feud with you or any one else here cause that's just not me, BUT I will stand up for myself when I am being accused of something that I not guilty of. 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 8,197
Registered: ‎12-13-2010

Re: LED Vintage Paper Houses....


@country gal wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@country gal wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

Now you've done it, @COUNTRYGAL.  Now I want a small house for my one cloche (bell jar from Michael's) that I bought last year and never got around to using.  I also want to check out the colored bottle brush trees and animal figurines.  Oh, and I have already searched Joann and found a eucalyptus and berry stem that I think I want to order.  Enabler!!! :-) 

 

It is really too bad that the houses don't have measurements.  I would probably place a small order this afternoon if I had that information, just to get it out of my system. 


It is really annoying that they don't give measurements..one of the most important things you need to know when ordering online. Luckily, I have one fairly close so I can look in person. 


@COUNTRYGAL  I was reading the places they suggested the houses would work well in so I'm guessing they're too large for most cloches.  They have some really nice ones though.  Wish they had some small ones for a cloche.


One that they called an ornament might work for me or it could be too small. I have several size cloches including VPH's with the snowman. 


@COUNTRYGAL  Yes, that one would be quite small but might work in some of our cloches.  Thanks for posting the info, I appreciate it.

Valued Contributor
Posts: 765
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: LED Vintage Paper Houses....

Countrygal, I looked at these vintage paper houses onJoanns website and they are very pretty. There is a feature that allows you to choose your nearest store, and then it will give  you inventory for that store. I think the best thing to do, is to go and look at them. Then you will know if the size is something you could work with. There are a few that I just love, and I plan to wait until holiday is 40% off or when they are not on sale, and then I can use a 50% off coupon that they usually have in their Sunday ad.

Valued Contributor
Posts: 501
Registered: ‎03-25-2010

Re: LED Vintage Paper Houses....


@rosehill wrote:

Countrygal, I looked at these vintage paper houses onJoanns website and they are very pretty. There is a feature that allows you to choose your nearest store, and then it will give  you inventory for that store. I think the best thing to do, is to go and look at them. Then you will know if the size is something you could work with. There are a few that I just love, and I plan to wait until holiday is 40% off or when they are not on sale, and then I can use a 50% off coupon that they usually have in their Sunday ad.


Yes, I definately need to see them in person to see the sizes available. I have that feature you are speaking of and some of the ones I like are in stock and some are not. Once I determine what the sizes are then I will know whether I want to order those. If they would just put the sizes on their site it would eliminate much confusion. I think they are 30% off now, but hopefully more soon.