Valued Contributor

We are doing our kitchen over. DH wants white appliances and I want stainless. Our counter tops are going to be a white granite with grey veining.  I would like to know what You think. Thanks.

Respected Contributor

@hovis ~ all I can say is, if mama ain't happy...

IMHO, I like your choice 👍🏼

Honored Contributor

What color are the cabinets and room?

Esteemed Contributor

have had white appliances since 1971......classic and low maintenance...

Valued Contributor

I haven't even picked out my cabinets yet. 
And the walls are white. 

Valued Contributor

I always wanted a white kitchen.  When we moved into this house I got one.   All white appliances and cabinets.  I got very sick of it.  We redid the kitchen and now have stainless appliances.  I love the look.  I think given that your counters will be white with gray veining -- adding white appliances would be a lot of white.  I would choose stainess appliances for the contrast.

Honored Contributor

I think if the cabinets are white, I'd get white appliances.  If they are any other color, then stainless.

I also think whoever does all the cooking and cleaning up in the room, should have their choice.

Honored Contributor
You have no idea how much I hate stainless. Just had to have stainless when we fixed up our 18 year old kitchen last year. How I wish I had stayed with plain old white. Your DH is right! It's the streaks and smudges that send me over the edge. I finally decided the appliances will get cleaned every Friday and that's it. I refuse to become a slave to a stove and refrigerator.
Honored Contributor

@hovis I would  choose stainless steel.  I've had white mostly and believe me it is hard to keep it looking white if you  cook and bake a lot.  Our refrigerators always rust on the bottom of the outside door. - probably from me wiping it down so much to keep it clean.  Stainless steel doesn't rust and can be kept nice looking with just a wet micro fiber cloth or a wet bamboo cloth.  That is what many do and have no issues with stainless steel.  It goes with anythin but would be a better match with the counter tops.

Trusted Contributor

@hovis   Have you looked at the new "Slate" appliances?  My DD did her new kitchen in white and gray and the Slate looks awesome and no fingerprints.