Esteemed Contributor

Re: Just one or two small projects a year makes a big difference.

@151949 wrote:

@Snoopp wrote:

I have to hire out for everything or I'd have a million projects going.  I decided to work on my lawn this year so I hired a company to do all the treatments.  Last year the crabgrass was horrible and whatever I put down didn't work so I gave up and decided to let a company see if they can fix it.

I do love projects for my home but I get overwhelmed cause I have too much I want to do. 

Yes, you have to do them one at a time and don't start on a second one until the first one is finished.Our HOA is supposed to maintain our flower beds around the house but they only actually do the front ones so our next project is going to have to be to weed, edge and mulch the remainder of the beds. DH and I both absolutely hate this kind of work and that is one reason we moved here but it is what it is. 

Oh, weeding is awful work.  Maybe you can bring this to the attention of the HOA.  Sometimes the companies that are hired by the HOA slack off on their responsibilities. 

Tip- if you don't mind using weed killer, put it down first before you mulch.  It helps keep the weeds from popping up.