Respected Contributor

Interesting Find Advertised on NextDoor

I have never seen anything like this before. They are counter seats from Woolworths.

I would love to scoop them up as they are neat but I have nowhere I could put them.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Honored Contributor

Re: Interesting Find Advertised on NextDoor

They look familiar.  I don't think they'd fit into most decor, maybe a family room bar.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

That brought on a flood of memories. Thanks for the picture!  Probably a nostalgia collector would be interested in these seats.

Valued Contributor

I remember those!

Super Contributor

Maybe use as end tables, bedroom nightstands, plant stands, in a corner holding a lamp.  I’m trying to think of ways to help you use them.  They are certainly fun collectibles, with many memories, and so mid century.  Good luck!

Honored Contributor

Just glancing at the tiny base I would say with certainty they MUST be anchored to the floor in some way.  That would really be a commitment.

Honored Contributor

Could you use them as a plant stand?  (being careful of course to keep the seat cover dry)

Honored Contributor

@Mersha .............If your neighbor can prove they really came from Woolworth's they could be worth a hefty chunk of change.  Even if they aren't they could be worth a lot.  They look in excellent condition.   Nice treasure there.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

@Imaoldhippie   He is asking $150 for both of them. 

They really are neat but I have nowhere they could go.  I am not sure how you would prove they were from Woolworth's unless there is a marking on the stool.

I am guessing someone knowledgeable about vintage and antiques will scoop them up.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Respected Contributor

• Oh wow, do those stools bring back fond memories.  Also, the stainless steel part reminds me of the look of old barber shop chairs. 💈
I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread