Honored Contributor

I use to hate having to clean out the dog hair wrapped around the brush roll after each time I would vacuumSmiley Tongue. But now, since I bought that new Shark Navigator Lift-Away Zero-M, I don't ever have to look at another hairy mess on the brush roll...it's self-cleaning!! Now I don't mind vacuuming anymore and I feel like my new vacuum is doing a much better job since there's no hair in the way!  I actually look forward to vacuuming now...lol!!Woman LOL  House just seems cleaner now after using my new vac.

Esteemed Contributor

Taking the lead/control to advocate for someone is the normal and loving thing to do.  This guy's  behavior was not done out of love.

Esteemed Contributor

Oh geez, had a brain hiccup.  Wrong post.

Honored Contributor

I can't stand dirty floors or carpet. Hate cleaning bathrooms.

Honored Contributor

Re: I Love to Vacuum

[ Edited ]

@Sweetbay magnolia

ME Too🙂 my spouse keeps telling me I'm wearing the rugs out😮.

I don't know whose worse me or my sister ...one year for her birthday I bought her a gag gift of a "Hoover Vacumn Cleaner" pendant😁😁

And I clean (wipe down) my bathrooms every day and make my bed everyday....

Its crazy thing but I love a fresh & clean home everything in place!🏡.  And love to do laundry and iron...oh boy, no wonder spouse puts up with me all these years😉

Esteemed Contributor

I knew I could count on you, @homedecor1!

My house is humming happily right now.  Floors vacuumed, dinner done, dog "peed", dishwasher running.  Fish light out.  A little piece of tranquility in a crazy world.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

@BirkiLady

loved your post...we also had live-in housekeeper and our home was always well kept.  She also was a wonderful cook.

Fast forward, I always enjoyed the domestic things as needed but when my spouse asked my dad for my hand -- my dad only said "only if she will have the same standard of life she's used to"....omg imagine my shock when I learned nope I was the "head housekeeper".  Although, I enjoy it.

But, my closest cousin has a favorite saying (she hates anything about cooking/cleaning etc.):  

"I'm a great date not so much a wife"....and she means it her spouse is the main housekeeper & cook🙂

Honored Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia

oh yeah I'm OCD for the litter box room....poor kitty can't even finished his business I'm ready to "scoop & dump"

and clean up floor....

my son is here for 10 days on a fishing vacation & said  "I have too much time on my hands"...told him maybe he should take some notes for my DIL (&him).😉

Esteemed Contributor

Re: I Love to Vacuum

[ Edited ]

@homedecor1  I like your dad a lot! He was spot-on when your husband-to-be asked to marry you! Great response. LOL

My husband was a great help around the house when we were students and couldn't afford hired help with the housework. His mom raised him well. I didn't have to "train" him in any way! We were a great team. How I miss him.  

ETA:  I do still make the bed every morning, keep all bathrooms and the kitchen spotless daily. Don't see how one person could possibly need to dust or vacuum more than once or twice a week . . . so I don't! It's mindless and time could be spent with family, working, reading, volunteering or with friends. Smiley Wink (Same excuses I had when a teenager.)  

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Respected Contributor

It's plainly known never to turn on a vacuum around me... but I do like cleaning the thing, each part of it..... go figure.

-Do Not Copy Pls-