Regular Contributor

Re: How long do Sleep Number Beds Last?

I don't know about the specific bed, Sleep Number, but I've been in the market looking at beds and they last 10 years is what I've been told. That's how old my Serta mattress is & needs replaced. Today's beds aren't made to last 24 years! 

Esteemed Contributor

@Susic  My sleep no, is about 12 years old. It only has one chamber since I'm the only person using it. I've had the control replaced once and the foam. 
  It was feeling harder and not as cushioned  so I bought a new mattress pad recently. It's a thick, plush one but no foam inside. It's wonderful! I've been sleeping like its new!

I hesitated getting the new pad but it was on a very good sale and has been worth it.

Honored Contributor

@Susic   Have you thought about trying a memory foam mattress topper on your old mattress?  They work miracles for very little money.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

We've had ours since they first came out.  We did have to buy a new bladder for one side.  You'd need help for that because of the weight of the frame.

I estimate ours 25+ years.

Valued Contributor

@ahoymate wrote:

24 years? Beds today are meant to last 10 years.

Google this topic and you'll find the answer.

Yes, I did say 24 year's, but my DH just said that we have had our Sleep Number for 30 years.  

Valued Contributor

The life span of most best is 8-10 yrs.

Trusted Contributor

@Susic wrote:

Yes, I did see that about the bed lasting 10 years, so felt a little better. This one does not adjust, is always flat. I adjust firmness  every night. I know in cold weather is self deflates more. I guess it just wore out.

@Susic  We have a king size Select Comfort mattress and still love it. I’ve kept it protected with a good mattress cover that gets washed. Our mattress looks like new. 

I wanted to share with you that recently one side kept losing air. Upon inspection, the hose under the bed had become partially detached from getting bumped from vacuuming under there. Each side has its own hose. Reattached and it’s working fine now. 

Super Contributor

Thank you Teddie, will check it tomorrow. It seems to be connected, but will make sure it is tight .  It doesn't loose air every day, but if I don't check it for a few days, it says it is 35, if set on  70-90. I have been keeping it on a higher number lately. I think the numbers aren't accurate anymore. Have been looking at Northern Nights hybrid that was a recent TSV. Looks pretty good and price good as well. I am not one to try out beds in stores anymore. Not going to spend over $2000.00 again for sure.

Trusted Contributor

@Susic wrote:

Thank you Teddie, will check it tomorrow. It seems to be connected, but will make sure it is tight .  It doesn't loose air every day, but if I don't check it for a few days, it says it is 35, if set on  70-90. I have been keeping it on a higher number lately. I think the numbers aren't accurate anymore. Have been looking at Northern Nights hybrid that was a recent TSV. Looks pretty good and price good as well. I am not one to try out beds in stores anymore. Not going to spend over $2000.00 again for sure.

I hear ya, @Susic ! They can be really expensive. And testing a mattress out in the store wouldn’t be for me either. I hope it all works out for you! 

Frequent Contributor

Re: How long do Sleep Number Beds Last

@Susic  I know I am very late to the game here but here is my experience.  I have had my SNB for 15 years and really enjoyed it.  Remote has had some issues but I thought the adjustability factor was great.  I added toppers but still was not having good sleep. A new SNB was not in my budget.   I finally broke down and purchased the NN Hybrid in April and am so suprized at the comfortability.  I was hesitant to purchase a "bed from a box" but it is one of the best purchases I have made.  I find the med to be a med/firm and that works for me.  Hope you have good luck with whatever you decided.