Super Contributor

How long do Sleep Number Beds Last?

I bought mine on qvc 10 years ago, and it has gotten very uncomfortable over the last year. I thought they lasted a lot longer. One side looses air periodically , not sure how accurate the number I set is.  The other side doesn't loose air, but husband says it is very uncomfortable. It has some sort of warranty, but doesn't seem to be anything wrong with it, just not comfortable anymore. Was thinking of getting one of those bed in a box mattresses. Has anyone had good luck with any particular brand. Thanks, Susi.

Frequent Contributor

Re: How long do Sleep Number Beds Last?

@Susic that is how long we had ours and it started bothering us too. We did end up getting a tempurpedic and I love it but they are very expensive. My Motherinlaw bough the northern nights mattress and she really likes it. She said in was a good mattress for I think she paid 400 sum dollars when it was a TSV. Good luck in your search 😊

Valued Contributor

My DH and me have had our Sleep Number bed for about 24 year's, still very comfortable and still work's fine.

Esteemed Contributor

We bought ours in 2019. When it was called Select Comfort.  It's a king size. Still works perfect.  We both love it. 

Sometimes it takes a while for the remote to wake up to work. It has always lost air, for some reason, when I change sheets.

Esteemed Contributor

I bought a Casper about 4 years ago and I'm still happy. I chose it over a Temperpedic because I didn't like their $8000 price tag. 

Super Contributor

I thought it would last about 20 years. I hate to give up on it was so expensive. Just want to have a good nights sleep. I remember the first night, I set the number , fell asleep and didn't  move all night, was great. I was thinking of Temperpedic. Have to decide on firm or medium. I did like the adjustablilty of Sleep Number, but too expensive now that I am retired. Especially for king size. The Northern Nights one might be an idea. Thank you all,Susi

Respected Contributor

@Susic All I can say is DITTO - you have written my story!

Such an expensive disappointment.

To answer your question about “bed in a box” — I gifted 

a queen size Stearns and Foster one to my granddaughter for her November wedding and they love it.  I had several recommendations before purchase and it will be my next gift to me.

Hope this helps...

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Susic wrote:

I bought mine on qvc 10 years ago, and it has gotten very uncomfortable over the last year. I thought they lasted a lot longer. One side looses air periodically , not sure how accurate the number I set is.  The other side doesn't loose air, but husband says it is very uncomfortable. It has some sort of warranty, but doesn't seem to be anything wrong with it, just not comfortable anymore. Was thinking of getting one of those bed in a box mattresses. Has anyone had good luck with any particular brand. Thanks, Susi.

@Susic 

Mine is 14 years old. Also called Select Comfort on some of the paperwork. Copied this from one of the flyers included:

Fluctuations of the Sleep Number are normal, and may occur with any of the following:

Changes in body position on the bed (lying down vs sitting up)

Changes in the amount of weight on the bed (one person or two people)

Changes in barometric pressure or temperature

Use of an adjustable foundation (mattress flat vs articulated)

I occasionally have to add a little air to get back up to my normal number.

Respected Contributor

24 years? Beds today are meant to last 10 years.

Google this topic and you'll find the answer.

Super Contributor

Yes, I did see that about the bed lasting 10 years, so felt a little better. This one does not adjust, is always flat. I adjust firmness  every night. I know in cold weather is self deflates more. I guess it just wore out.