Trusted Contributor

Re: How do you change your home in the summertime?

I'm in no way like my mother who used to change curtains, bedspreads and more for the seasons!

What I do change are my couch pillows to lighter colors, some faux flower arrangements, Summer wreath on front door and on wall in our den, decorate the fireplace mantle for summer, floral arrangement on dining room table. Little changes here and there, nothing major.

I used to do more but am over it now!

Honored Contributor

Since I have a yellow cottage with white trim I always put out my red, white and blue from Memorial Day to Labor Day. I hang my buntings on the porch railings and put small flags and twirlies throughout my gardens and rock garden. I love the look, espeically living on a lake.

"Pure Michigan"
Esteemed Contributor

The only things I change are the winter blankets to summer ones. I put the summer furniture on the porches and plant some flowers. That’s it. That’s enough. 🤣🤣

Honored Contributor

Sheets and bedding go lightweight. Plants are moved to the sunroom.
Honored Contributor

My decor is the same all year.  I have seasonal wreaths on my front door.  That's the only thing that I change - well, besides decorating for Christmas.

I don't have the desire to change out bedding seasonally.

Esteemed Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

I keep the plantation shutters CLOSED.   (I'm in AZ)   That's about it.

I keep ours closed too. 

Esteemed Contributor

I only change out  the bedspread .....I have a down comforter for the winter months and have a lightweight bedspread for spring, summer & fall.  I also change out the wreath on my front door.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Esteemed Contributor

I put white curtains in the spare bedroom & office.

I'm always changing the table runner & the little decorations on the console table. (that pulls out to long dining table. It's in the front room).

Honored Contributor

Really the only thing that I change is my kitchen table, I leave it decorated all year long, but I do change out my dishes for Summer, along with summer decor. I also change my comforter on our bed to a lighter weight, and more summery colors....Thats about it for me......

Honored Contributor

No changes for us.  I don’t want all that stuff in the house.

I change our dish towels to go with the season we’re in or the next holiday. That’s it.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?