Esteemed Contributor

Re: How do you change your home in the summertime?

My mother didn't change a thing for the spring/summer except to take the flannel sheets off the beds! I don't use flannel sheets, so the only thing I do is hang a spring/summer wreath on the front door. I'm still trying to downsize - definitely don't want to keep separate stuff for the seasons (except a few Christmas things)!

Esteemed Contributor

i switch out my candle scents!  nothing else changes...

Honored Contributor

Minor changes.   Lighter weight quilts in bedrooms, thinner "throws" in the living room.  (Even in warm weather I like having a light throw to cuddle under if necessary on the couch.)

I like switching out decor and plants a little bit.  P u s s y willows in a crystal vase.  Meadow flowers in a blue and white ginger jar (with the top off, of course).

The tray on my coffee table is now summery, chunky wicker.  In a small, silvery pedestal bowl, I have some white pebbles, a few bleached shells, some sea glass in aqua, cobalt and clear, all mixed together.

Oh, and a large, very old conch shell on a side table.  It does have the distant roar of the sea if you hold it up to your ear.

Even less decor in general-- I love to have the house "breathe" in summer...

Honored Contributor

We don't have distinct seasons at our primary residence either.  

However our summer place does get cold and we do visit it in winter for weeks at a time.

I change the master bedroom from white linens in the summer to an off white color for sheets and the comforter and blankets.

Both homes are at the beach, but aren't decorated beach themes.  Just lighter pastel colors--year round.

Summertime, both homes have awnings over the windows and decks.

I throw soft colored pestamels on the couch and chairs to protect the white slipcovers from sunscreen and such.  (I have a huge collection---over 30!)

Other than flowers from my yard in vases, it's pretty much the same in the winter months.

Honored Contributor

I make a couple changes.  Pillows on couch, quilt on bed, decor, swap curtains for sheers.

Honored Contributor

Most of my changes are done outdoors.

Esteemed Contributor

Nothing changes in our house season to season. No drapes, no flannel sheets or heavy comforters, no decorations to swap out. Maybe less cat fur shedding in winter that’s it.

Honored Contributor

I keep the plantation shutters CLOSED.   (I'm in AZ)   That's about it.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

I remove the throws on the couches, remove the outdoor chairs from the garage and put them on the porch, open the windows to air out the house.

Honored Contributor

Definitely the bed spread and if any throw pillows on the sofa are too heavy looking (fabric), I change that too with a different cover.

kindness is strength