Honored Contributor

I posted a picture last month of Henry looking at the Christmas tree that was on top of "his" table.  He was very happy when I took it down on Friday.  

It's already getting dark outside because we're expecting our first snow tonight, so I had closed the shutters.  I opened one of them when he got on the table.

E6C57856-19A6-4D0C-8C4E-6E20FDD16520_1_201_a.jpeg

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Valued Contributor

Re: Henry Has His Table Back

He's a cutie. 

“We should be too big to take offense and too noble to give it.” Abraham Lincoln
Trusted Contributor

Such a cute little face! My cat was also very happy when i took down my tree so she could have her bench back.

Esteemed Contributor

YEA.........for Henry

And he doesn't want that tree to come back.........any time soon!

Honored Contributor

@NickNack   Sounds like all's well with the world now, at least Henry's. 

How are you feeling?  Is tomorrow your doctor appointment? 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@NickNack   Sounds like all's well with the world now, at least Henry's. 

How are you feeling?  Is tomorrow your doctor appointment? 

@Kachina624   I'm feeling about the same @Kachina624 . Thank you for asking.  I'll be so glad to know exactly what's going on.  My doctor's appointment is at 1:30 tomorrow.

We're supposed to have our first snow tonight.  It's been very warm until now.  It was 76 degrees two days ago and still warm yesterday.  Hopefully the ground will be too warm for it to do much, but we're supposed to get 2-3".  

I don't feel comfortable driving in the snow anymore, and I don't have the car for it either.  I think it will probably melt by the time I have to leave, but if not, I will get an Uber.  There's no way I'll miss that appointment.

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@NickNack   Hoping for the best, I know many of us will be with you in spirit.  Good luck! 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@NickNack   Hoping for the best, I know many of us will be with you in spirit.  Good luck! 

Thank you very much @Kachina624 .

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Oh, @NickNack ,  Henry is so cute, and you've so gratified him by restoring "order" in your removal of that pesky tree....

I love the expressions they get when they look outside--  either sort of dreamy, or very "focussed" when they see birdies or other objects of extreme interest.  Tails start thrashing, and some of our kitties have made funny "clicking" sounds at the sight of tempting birds and squirrels.

Have been keeping you in thoughts also-- best of luck in appointment tomorrow and going forward.Heart

Honored Contributor

Thank you @Oznell .  Almost all of my previous cats made that "clicking" noise when they saw birds or something else outside.  Henry doesn't do that though.  He does watch them intently.

He has a cat tree in my office in front of the window.  I set up a bird feeder outside the window for him when he was a kitten.  He sits there a lot in the mornings watching the birds.

-Henry David Thoreau