Valued Contributor

Help please. How Do You Kill Hundreds Of Wasps?

Does the Dyna Trap kill wasps? Varying answers on this product. Wasps only in area close to front door and wouldn’t be killing bees or butterflies because area is by parking lot and no landscaping close by.

Other suggestions? 

Landlord brought cans of wasp killer but that’s not going to help. All the wasp nests have been removed but wasps live in the crevices .

Need advice please.

Thanks

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Help please. How Do You Kill Hundreds Of Wasps?

Sorry you have to deal with this. I would call an exterminator.

Honored Contributor

I don't think the Dyna Trap is suitable for an insect that large.  I'd also recommend an exterminator.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

If the wasp nests were removed during the day when the wasps were out, they'll keep returning to the site looking for the nest for a few days until they go build a new nest someplace else.

If it's been a week and they are still around, there's probably another nest that was missed. Wasps can enter structures via cracks and build nests in walls. Keep spraying those crevices for a few days. I find the foam wasp spray works best.

If that doesn't work, your landlord needs to call an exterminator.

Esteemed Contributor

I agree with @PickyPicky3 .....

Honored Contributor

Not something a few cans of spray is going to help----need a pro--wasps only use their nest once--then go build a new one. Had a HUGE nest in our roof that was empty so all that was done is to knock it down. Had to replace our roof due to a falling tree or would never have found it. gives me chills!!!!

Honored Contributor

Can you get an exterminator?  Safer for you.

Esteemed Contributor

Not only do you have to eliminate the wasps, you need to contain where they are coming from. I wouldn't hesitate to call a professional exterminator. There may be nests that you can't see, and won't be able to eradicate the wasps until they're cleared.

Respected Contributor

Where are the crevices?  I had some in the sidewalk crevices so I poured a little gasoline in there and it worked.  I also had some digging the dirt out of the bottom of my porch stoop and buiding in there.  I sprayed in some foam crack sealer.  But those things are persistent.  I'd get an exterminator because they're close to the house and they do sting just because they're jerks.

Super Contributor

We mix up soapy water & throw on the nests....