Honored Contributor

Help me think of the name of the home decor company...

... that used to do home sales parties in the 1980s and 1990s.  Maybe it was a regional thing - I lived in the NYC/LI area at the time.  This is one of the items that was very popular at that time - mine was donated during one of my moves.

IMG_2532.jpg

~ house cat ~
Super Contributor

Re: Help me think of the name of the home decor company...

I went to one that I believe was called Home Interior.

Honored Contributor

@house_cat   was it home interior and gifts?

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Home Interior (Homeco.)

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@house_cat  Was it Popular Club.  I sort of remember those parties, I think.

ETA-- I live on the east coast, also -- CT.

Honored Contributor

Home Interior or Homco as it is also called have many different ducks shown on Etsy.

Honored Contributor

Thank you.

My friend said she thought it was Home Interior, but I thought it had a catchier name - I guess she was right!

~ house cat ~
Respected Contributor

I remember Home Interior parties.  I got caught in a loop of them for a while and it kind of ended up with me having the same pictures on my walls as several of my friends and relatives.  They would demonstrate how to create a wall grouping with pictures, sconces, shelves with knick-knacks, etc.  One of the parties I hosted actually did very well with sales and I earned a complete ceramic nativity set that I have to this day.  It's a very nice set, especially since I got it for free!

Honored Contributor

@Suzeecat wrote:

I remember Home Interior parties.  I got caught in a loop of them for a while and it kind of ended up with me having the same pictures on my walls as several of my friends and relatives.  They would demonstrate how to create a wall grouping with pictures, sconces, shelves with knick-knacks, etc.  One of the parties I hosted actually did very well with sales and I earned a complete ceramic nativity set that I have to this day.  It's a very nice set, especially since I got it for free!

@Suzeecat 

Funny you should say that!  The nativity set is what I'm looking for! I bought it back then and so loved it for years, but it got lost in one of our moves.  I've never seen another that I like as much.  Perhaps I should look on Ebay.

~ house cat ~
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@house_cat 

Oh, I love that duck!  So pretty!

The sister of a good friend of mine used to be a regional sales rep (or something like that) for Home Interior.

My friend (her brother) was a character, and said he thinks that she had every single item they made hanging on her walls and sitting around.  He joked about it often and said it looked like she had loaded them all into a cannon and shot them out.

It really made me laugh!  However, she was quite successful, and earned a decent salary for many years while her boys were growing up.

I'm not sure I could have parted with that duck!