Honored Contributor
Hi. The Q no longer has 100% down pillows. I ordered some from them and they were marked at least 75% down. I know that this label allows QVC to buy and sell at a lower price point. The pillows were down, but they had a strange, crunchy cover and did not cradle the neck and head, so I returned them. For months, I stalled about purchasing some 100% soft down pillows from Pacific Coast. I like them because their pillows don't smell and they are hyper cleaned. I waited too long, because they have raised their price from $59.00 to $89.00 each. If you have recently bought real down pillows that don't crunch or smell and cost less, please let me know. I have tried Costco before, but the ones I bought were crunchy, so I returned them. Thanking you in advance.
Valued Contributor

Re: Help Me Find Down Pillows

I'm allergic to down, but when I was looking for alternatives, I looked at Lands End. They are always having sales.....and if you don't like what you get you can return them to any Sears store.

Regular Contributor

The Company Store

Honored Contributor

Cuddledown. Catalog and website.

Super Contributor

Macy's website has a nice supply to choose from, or try overstock . com

Super Contributor

I have found 100% down pillows at Tuesday Morning stores in the past. If you have one nearby, you might check.

Super Contributor

Pacific Coast Down and Feather manufactures the down comforters and pillows for QVC, Costco, Sam's, Macys, West Elm (aka Williams Sonoma) and a number of others.

Make sure when you buy a down pillow, that the ticking is at LEAST 300TC or higher or a high count Egyptian cotton; likewise the zippered pillow cover that either comes with it or that you buy. Otherwise, it WILL feel 'crunchy'. Down itself is NEVER crunchy.

Trusted Contributor

Please consider an alternative. The way in which the feathers are obtained is cruel. Please.

Not applicable

If you want to look for alternatives to down you should consider a few things. The height of the pillow should support your head in all positions. If your head is too high or low you can get neck pain. If you sleep on your back this isn't as important but if you sleep on your side this becomes more important. A medium firm pillow will be best if you are a side sleeper. Also, look for a pillow that keeps your head cool in the summer. Most pillows will need to be replaced about once a year. If you have broad shoulders get a 5" thick pillow, if you are normal a 4" pillow, if you have narrow shoulders a 3" pillow. Here are the best pillows for side sleepers.

Trusted Contributor

I love my down pillows. I got my last ones at Costco. I hope they still have them. If not I did get some at Macys years ago.