Esteemed Contributor

Re: Has anyone started decorating for spring?

@haddon9  I'm really liking that spring lantern topper! I have the same lantern outside, right next to our front door. I've been trying to find a spring/summer topper for it. Good job!

Honored Contributor

@RetRN 

No, not yet - I have been enjoying my St. Patrick's Day decor.

I will change over after Sunday.

🍀💚🍀💚🍀💚🍀💚🍀💚🍀💚🍀

Honored Contributor

@cheriere The classes in your local Co-op sounds like a lot of fun!  The art center that I go to offers classes for kids & adults.  Many of the adult classes are during the day (great for those who have retired!). 

It's run by a group who support the arts and they do it out of an old farmhouse.

Respected Contributor

@haddon9   Sounds like a lot of fun.  I'd especially enjoy the classes being in an old farmhouse too.  I really like the idea of making something like a table runner such as the pretty one you made.  If you ever think of some other things you've made and care to let me in on, please let me know.  💝

The instructors are always asking us for ideas about something we'd like to do, but I haven't had any ideas until seeing what you made.  They tell us just to give the idea and list of materials that will be needed.  They're able to buy everything really cheap.  The most I've ever paid was $20 for supplies to make an extra large and tall basket that even included leather handles.  

Our classes are supposed to be for adults only, but sometimes an occasional tween will come with their mom or grandma.  They do offer classes in an adjoining room on Saturdays especially for kids.  I think they're completely free.  Most of the things we do are more difficult than kids can do.  Heck, some give me trouble big time lol.

When we make various types of baskets it's usually a 2 or 3 class thing.  We sometimes even have to  take them home to finish.  My fingers have gotten really bad, so I really struggle now with baskets.  My mom is a wizard at making them though.😃

Honored Contributor

St. Patrick's comes down Tuesday, and Easter goes up the next day. My DH asked why I didn't want to stop at Hobby Lobby when we drove by it on Friday, and I said I didn't want to be tempted!

Honored Contributor

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@haddon9  I'm really liking that spring lantern topper! I have the same lantern outside, right next to our front door. I've been trying to find a spring/summer topper for it. Good job!

@PA Mom-mom Thanks!  I had the lantern outside by my front door last year and had purchased a very cute Chritmas red truck bow from the same Etsy shop.

Honored Contributor

@cheriere We make a lot of scarves and sometimes wet felted "paintings" or wall hangings.  I've also made vessels like a bowl.  However they are not easy to do and sometimes turn out a bit crooked!  LOL!

Right now I'm working on a wet felted seascape painting.  If you don't know what wet felting is, to simplify....it's the process of using a combination of friction/agitation, soap and water to make felt out of wool fibers.  You can even mix fibers like you would with paint to blend colors.

Last year I made my holiday table runner for the foyer in a holly theme and made a structural holly leaf.holly leaf.jpegfelted holly runner.jpeg

Respected Contributor

@haddon9    I know exactly what you mean about making pottery lol.  I forgot about our class doing that a few times.  The only thing of mine that turned out remotely decent is a dish for rings.

That holiday table runner and holly sculpture are gorgeous!  We've never done any wet felting.  I really think I'd enjoy doing that too.  I took a screenshot of your items if you don't mind.  I'll look up the process and mention it to one of our teachers too.  

I really appreciate your taking time to show me these and explaining the process.  This is perfect for our classes.  Thank you so much!💝

Honored Contributor

@cheriere   You're welcome!  Enjoy your class and creating!

Respected Contributor

@haddon9 

That is beautiful and sounds like a lot of fun making it. So creative and imaginative.