Respected Contributor

Many years ago I purchased four prints from Thomas Kincaid when he was on QVC. 

They are all snowy winter scenes which I just love.  I had them framed and they are hanging in my hallway.  Even though they are scenes of winter, I leave them up all year long.  

Trusted Contributor

The hallway leading to all the bedrooms has a door-length mirror at the far end, but the walls are bare. I'm concerned that artwork will shorten the look of the hallway, but I have some Texas bluebonnet paintings I'd love to hang there. The other hallway that leads from the kitchen to the garage is broken up by doorways to the laundry room, a bathroom, and the wet bar but I do have a wooden plaque with hooks on it for dog leash, keys, and masks.

Honored Contributor

I decorate ALL my walls....including the laundry room and garage

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Trusted Contributor

Sorry, can't offer any suggestons.  My home doesn't have any hallways!  My home is an unconventional Old Florida Cracker home.

Honored Contributor

I first have a mirror hanging on the wall over a narrow table (6 in. wide) and there is a small lamp on the table  and a little further down one picture hanging on the wall.  The hallway is the one in my apt.. that leads to the bedroom and bathroom.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

My second floor has a wide landing at the  top of the stairs and then a hallway.  I have a hall table with a lamp, some candles and a few family photos on the landing.

My walls have a few small pieces of art from around the world that we collected on our travels and some candle sconces and a mirror at the other end of the hall.  My hall is not straight and has a small inlet before you enter one of the bedrooms.

Respected Contributor

Re: Hallway Artwork

[ Edited ]

@wilma - I love art, and I need it on my walls, including on my hallway walls.  My father was an artist, and one of my children is, too. I find that artwork enlivens the walls and dramatically personalizes the space.  I tend to gravitate toward paintings of landscapes, seascapes, and flowers. I have paintings from the artists who taught my father how to paint, including a wonderful pastel portrait of my father done by one of his art instructors, and paintings actually done by my father.  I have a painting I love from one of my children of a beautiful sunset over a field of yellow and brown flowers and green grass, based upon a photograph. I also have some other paintings that I purchased because I found them beautiful. I never tire of looking at art on the wall every time I walk past it.      

Honored Contributor

Well, I lived with the empty walls in the hallway for 2 days. Still not sure if I like the bare walls or not.

For now, I put 2 of the small prints back up this morning - one on each side wall so it looks balanced. Regarding the other 2 - the sentimental sketch has been placed elsewhere in my home, and the other one I'm going to donate. 

Honored Contributor

In our old home we had lots of wall space, so we did utilize it with family photos! I loved the look. Recently we moved into our new home, about 4 months ago, and we have tons of windows, but not nearly as much wall space, so we haev decided not to put up so many photos, just a few and I am really liking the minimalist look.

My husband likes to change things out and have different looks, so it works for us! 

Honored Contributor

Absolutely nothing in my hallway.