Honored Contributor

hqdefault.jpg

I had never heard of this guy before, but what a table he turns out!  I was almost as ecstatic as Susanna Salk looking at all his goodies, and how he puts them together.

Those cloisonne (sp?) Foo dogs of his!   That flatware of Syrie Maugham's, later owned by Bunny Mellon.  Wonderful botanical dishes.  Those chargers and trays...

That jewel box purple dining room.  Of course he's a 'maximalist', not many people could live that sumptuously.  But I enjoy "spectating",  and as soon as I saw this video, had to post it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c10NseV-bPQ

Respected Contributor

Re: HUGE FUN WITH TABLE SETTING

[ Edited ]

I can understand why you posted, the video was just stunning.  Those botanical plates, the gorgeous white flatware left me breathless, those foo dogs and all his special little touches and glorious colors.  What a fun video and oh yes, how one could dream...thanks for that nice little diversion...

Respected Contributor

I loved everything - especially the little Yorkie.  He looked kinda confushed.  Loved the purple chairs, white handled flatware, both the purple and the floral plates, floral tumblers.  Even the floral arrangement was exceptional.  This was simply spectacular!

Valued Contributor

Thank you, @Oznell!  What a right brain that man must have.  That was so fun to watch, and I see he has other videos, too. I can't wait to watch them all. It really was the stuff dreams are made of!

Honored Contributor

The plates, oh I love them 🥰

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

Thank you Oznell for that wonderful post and video!  What a beautiful table setting and what a nice man he seems to be.  To put all of that together and make something so gorgeous is a true talent.

I would love to his what is in all his cabinets!  I could probably spend a day looking at everything.

Does anyone know if his venture of opening up a site to sell his things ever got off the ground?  I would love to check it out.  Thanks.

Honored Contributor

Thank you for sharing.

The Japanese wallpaper, and the Japanese Lamp salt & Pepper, Wonderful.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@hellodali,  I looked up their site, called "Everyday Elegance".   Gorgeous, but pricey (of course!) patterns...

I forgot to mention in post that I was eagerly peering at his kitchen when he went in there.  Imagine having all those mirrored cabinets in the kitchen!   So impractical-- I'd be Windex-ing around the clock.  But he evidently doesn't have to worry about those mundane concerns!  It's pretty though-- like being inside a faceted crystal paper weight, glittering in the sun...

Honored Contributor

He has some gorgeous pieces. I watched his Hampton's video and that is also very nice eye candy.

Respected Contributor

@Oznell 

One Question:  exactly where does one place the food to be served ?  Or, is it strictly buffet-style service ?

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill