Honored Contributor

Re: Green Kitchen's Making Comeback?

[ Edited ]

I so admire the pretty soft green on the cabinets. Would love to consider that for my kitchen walls, but I'm at the point where I'm considering listing this place and there are so many people with a block when it comes to green that I doubt I will. I hate to go with a basic white, and won't if I think I'll stay a bit longer, but will have to consider it for resale purposes. I'd leave it as it is, but while I happen to love my orange kitchen, I don't think too many others will.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

just lovely--am a green girl. that color is very soothing and would go with other neutrals

Honored Contributor

I like it; my bedroom is a lighter color than this.  

Esteemed Contributor

I've seen green used in kitchens for the past few years now on most of the rehab shows that I watch.  This is too pastel for me and I'm not a lover of green anyway.  Growing up, green was my mom's favorite color so practically everything in the house was green.  I think she helped seal the fate for my dislike of green.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

I dont like bright lime or neon greens, but I DO like this soft green color, it goes with the style of the kitchen, I really LIKE this kitchen!!!....And its so much different and BETTER than the old avacado and gold 70's style .....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I love green, but would use a pure vibrant shade with light and dark contrasts:

Esteemed Contributor

Such a soft and pretty color! I love it!

Honored Contributor

LOVE this one, scaled back.  I prefer blue based colors.

See the source image

Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

Very pretty, @jubilant !   For me, green never left.  When we refreshed the kitchen a couple of years ago, we painted the walls a soft green (B. Moore's historic "Van Alen Green") and the cabinets a very pale, greige neutral (B. Moore's "Baby Fawn"--  it's virtually identical to their "Edgecomb Gray"). 

The kitchen seems so much lighter than it did before, and we've never tired of the fresh colors, especially in the dead of winter when it's all 'blah' outside!

@Oznell    I looked up your colors and really liked them both. Similar to my colors. Yours are softer and I like that!

My kitchen cabinets are Monroe Bisque and the walls are Georgian Green. I went a mid color green because not much wall shows in my kitchen.  It's only 9'x14'.  A little step saver at one end and an antique hutch on the only big wall at the other end. More green wall showed when I had a table where the hutch is now but I needed a place for my rooster collection and more cabinet and drawer storage.   Also, we prefer to eat in the dining room end of our great room because it overlooks a woods. I love to hear about other posters homes!  

Honored Contributor

Oh, I love that combo of Monroe Bisque and Georgian Green, @jubilant .  Your kitchen sounds just beautiful, every detail!  I saw a kitchen once online I think, that had Georgian Green and it was stunning.

Thanks for describing it, I also LOVE hearing what other people do in their rooms, as you know....