Trusted Contributor

Does it worK?

Some of my drains were replaced with plumbing pvc. Will this damage those or metal pipes?

My shower drain takes a beating with my and DD's hair.  Also toilet seems a bit slow.  Do you just flush with the bowl water or is boiling water still needed for toilet?

Safe for disposals as well?

Thx

FURBABIES ARE THE BREATH OF LIFE
Super Contributor

I used it in the bathtub and the sinks, never tried it on the toilet. It works great for me

Honored Contributor

I love this product.  It's not supposed to damage any pipes.  

I've never tried it in the toilet.  Don't they give directions on how to use in the toilet?

Honored Contributor

I use the drain sticks once a month in my shower and bathroom sink.  Seem to work well keeping the drains running freely.

Esteemed Contributor

Here's my unofficial answer.......I had Green Gobler - safe for copper pipes - ACID is not - eats metal

PVC pipes - nothing will hurt those - can even use ACID

Toilet - I'm not sure it's recommended for "T".  Drain pipes are large so would assume something else is going on there.

I was having a slow tub drain...and too cheap to call plumber $$$ unless I had to............so tried with success......plunging the drain with the toilet plunger!    Rain hot water - plunged - more hot water, etc.  It worked   - dislodged the hair and soap clog.

GG hardens down in the package if not used or kept dry. Hope this helps.   Read the label about toilets - I don't recall details.

Respected Contributor

For those of you dealing with hair clogs in tub drains, I highly recommend the Tub-shroom.  It is available at BB&B and on Amazon (and no doubt elsewhere).  I have long hair and the tubshroom snags tons of it every time I wash my hair!  I can't imagine how bad my drain would be without it!

Honored Contributor

I agree with @Suzeecat ....collect the hair before it goes down the drain.  I don't have the item she suggested, we use the mesh product from the dollar store for the sink....it fits in our tub/shower drain.  Works great and cheap!

Honored Contributor

I have to agree with @Suzeecat  and @Mom2Dogs .  I have a drain  hair stopper that I bought from Amazon for my tub.  It catches all the hair before it goes down the drain.  I never have to worry about clogs.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Re: Green Gobler

[ Edited ]

@skittles2 I don't have drain problems in the tub/shower with my long hair since I put in this hair drain sold on ebay and home store.  I take it out after every use and use a small toothbrush to clean the hair out.

If DD makes a mess in the drains, I hope SHE is the one cleaning it up!

See the source image

Respected Contributor

I'm interested in this product as well for my bathroom and kitchen sinks.

For my shower drain I purchased thru QVC a set of 4 'snakes' to use for unclogging the drain.  Even though I try to wipe out hair from around the drain, its unbelievable how much can actually make its way thru the drain and down into the pipe.

The first time I used the snake I couldn't believe all the hair that came out.  I just snake it once a year and that keeps it relatively free of any blockage.  In the bathroom sinks I'm more concerned w/toothpaste debris clogging everything up.  Maybe even handsoap.

I've had the plastic drain cups in the past but found they got very moldy all the time.  I prefer the stainless steel. 

Flowers are nature's way of laughing