Honored Contributor

Suggestions please! Lightweight vacumn

I bought the Bissell stick vac for quick pick up of kitty litter and ceramic tile floors.  I hate taking out big vac for quick jobs.

This Bissell is ok but not great.  It comes apart as handheld too.  I'm looking for something with brush vs. just flat head.  Also, not overly expensive.

Suggestions please. Thanks so much (my kids of course suggested Dyson $$$)

Super Contributor

Re: Suggestions please! Lightweight vacumn

I would say the Dyson V8 or new model. This is the one that is quieter than the previous models. Yes, they are pricey, but that's what easy pays are for. I have this model, and the newest V11. You hang them on their charger, on the wall, and they are always ready to go. Love them!

Respected Contributor

Shark Apex.  I got the corded one, but they do have it in non corded too.  Suction is unbeleivable.  Very nice.

Esteemed Contributor

Orrec vacuum 

Occasional Contributor

I have the Hoover Linx and love it!  It comes corded or with a chargeable battery.  I don't like fooling with batteries so I got the corded Linx.  It's at Amazon SH20030 $99.99.

Honored Contributor

@jankay wrote:

I have the Hoover Linx and love it!  It comes corded or with a chargeable battery.  I don't like fooling with batteries so I got the corded Linx.  It's at Amazon SH20030 $99.99.

I bought the rechargeable Hoover Linx. I also bought a Hoover Max. Also, made the mistake of buying a Dyson (heavy and cumbersome). I got into the habit of using the Hoover Max. So the Hoover Linx sat in the closet for many months. I brought the Hoover Linx out the other month AND the battery was still charged. I cleaned up the dirt that I wanted to clean and the battery was still going strong.

Honored Contributor

I purchased a dyson ball multi floor 2 at Kohl's this summer and it was less than 200 dollars. They have sales frequently so I got a good deal on it. It's light weight and I use it frequently for pet hair. I've had Dyson's for years and they last.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@homedecor1  I have the Shark Rocket.  It came with all the tools and came in different color choices.  It picks up everything litter, dust, etc.  It is extremely lightweight and it is easy to empty the debris.  It is going on 2 years and I paid $125 when I purchased.  Shark website has a sale with 20% off.  The vacuum is now $169.99 plus 20% off.  It is the Ultra Lightweight Stick Vacuum.  On their website it comes in a pretty blue color.  One thing you have to do is lean the vacuum on something when it is in stick form but for me it is no big deal.  I clean the filter once a month and no problems at all.  It has a 5 year warranty.  The suction is exceptional.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Thank you everyone!  I'm in need of a new vacumn and I'm thinking going for the shark apex or the new style with roller brushless.  My son & DIL are convincing me to get the Dyson...

Esteemed Contributor

I have 4 cats and a rechargeable Dyson stick vacuum that I wouldn't be without. It's an everyday thing to use it for the litter, fur and whatever else DH and I bring in from outdoors.