Honored Contributor

Re: Gray Bedroom

[ Edited ]

I'm not a big fan of grey but that said, I ended up with grey kitchen cabinets and one of the bedrooms is a very pale light grey and is quite appealiing in a somewhat cool sort or way. When it needed repainting I chose the same color, but will perhaps change it if and when it is painted again. I'm not sure I'd personally like a two tone grey room and would probably not opt for a darker grey paint color, but our decor is, of course, a personal choice and we all need to please ourselves in our homes.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

Our entire condo is "melting icicles".  A soft pale gray. I love it!

Esteemed Contributor

Though I realize gray is the trend, It looks depressing to me. It just seems devoid of color. My realtor friend said that so many people paint their entire house is dove gray, but now it's going out.

Valued Contributor

My living room.  Is this similar to the look you're going for?  I love the colors in my home.  I can use shades of blue, gray, black, and white and they all work well.

Living room.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

I've always loved gray for the home....even before it became the "it" color.  I don't have a gray bedroom but I know I'd love it.  I say go for it!

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Respected Contributor

I love gray....in decorating and clothing.

Such an elegant and sophisticated color. 

Honored Contributor

Love your choice of gray for the bedroom.

Respected Contributor

@liliblu @Yes that is the idea except the gray I picked for the top is much lighter. I have gray hair so I hope I don't disappear into the walls🥰